Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is ideal for Administrators, Office managers, executive secretaries and personal assistants seeking to build on essential practical skills to improve knowledge of office management and administration duties.
About the course
Secretarial Skills courses are designed especially for Secretaries of all levels – Secretaries with little prior experience, Executive Secretaries, Personal Assistants, and top-level Management Secretaries. These programs have been designed to improve performance and maximize opportunities for promotion to executive positions. Participants on our Secretarial skills courses will learn effective office organization; written communication skills; verbal communication skills; how to manage time effectively; how to arrange meetings and take minutes; how to manage events; how to organize travel arrangements; as well as more general skills such as how to work within a team and how to manage stress.
- Grasp the principles of good grammar and punctuation
- Gain recognition as your boss's backup and representative become the "office writing expert"
- Organize and write memos, minutes, and procedures
- Write and ghostwrite for your boss(es), using appropriate style and tone
- Learn how to write e-mail
- Understand the entire writing process
- Master the principles of grammar and punctuation
- Build your confidence and gain recognition in the office
- Write effective letters for all occasions
- Effectively deal with criticism
- Save time through proven tricks of the trade
- Pinpoint the Basics of Business Writing
- Understand Today’s Reader
- Clarify Ideas
Formulas for Editing, Proofreading, and Rewriting
- Review Basics of Grammar
- Eliminate Unnecessary Language
- Edit and Proofread Effectively
Letters That Get Results
- Organize Letters Effectively
- Convey a Warm, Personal Tone
Winning on Paper-Strategies for Success
- Vary Your Sentence Length and Structure
- Subordinate Secondary Ideas
- Highlight Key Ideas
- Design Your Page Effectively
- Gain Recognition through Your Writing
Memos and Minutes
- Organize Logically
- Select a Winning Tone
- State Opinions or Pinpoint Problems
- Write Effective Procedures
- Summarize Effectively
Tricks of the Trade
- Write for Your Boss
- Write Disciplinary Communications
- Become "the Office Writing Expert"
- Apply Time Management Techniques to Writing
- Create a Style Manual for Your Office
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.