Who should attend
This class is designed for anyone in a role that leads change or wants to develop that skillset. It will benefit anyone who wants to increase their efficiency in their teams or across organizations. It is especially useful for managers looking to develop their operations management skillset.
About the course
Matching supply with demand is an enormous challenge for firms: excess supply is too costly, inadequate supply irritates customers. In this course, we will explore how firms can better organize their operations to deliver the right products for the right customers at the right time. We will tackle difficult questions. We will address and answer such diverse questions as: Should airlines bump passengers? Should women have more public restrooms than men? Since justice delayed is justice denied, how do we ensure timely judicial outcomes?
Who is the bottleneck
- Capacity and utilization of processes
Still waiting... Queues
- Why do queues form?
- How can organizations better manage queues?
- What are implications for organizations and their customers?
The New Product Bet
- Inventory decisions for products, such as fashion apparels
- Overage and underage costs
- Protection levels
- Booking limits
- Lead change more effectively
- Match supply with demand efficiently
- Grow in your team or organization
- Foster growth and develop new leaders
- Improve competitive performance
- Empower individuals to lead change
Manu Goyal is an Assistant Professor in Operations Management. Manu’s research focusses on information flows in supply chains, information leakage, innovation, and flexibility. He teaches courses in supply chain management, operations management, and spreadsheet modeling.Previous to joining the D...
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Women Leadership
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.