Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
About the course
In just two days you will learn how to:
- Identify and define the boundaries of operational risk
- Understand specific risks in financial institutions and their impact on operational efficiency
- Assess risks and their potential impact
- Identify solutions and tackle line management, internal control and the effect of human error
- Create a workable operational risk framework
- Analyse the potential operational risks of distributed ledgers
- Overcome of the operational risk issues in the market infrastructure such as CSDR etc
How You Will Learn
Hands-on and case study-based course that will keep you ahead of the latest market developments
Practical workshops and case studies include: Analysing the operational risks in project management; Managing operational risk in a personnel issue; Utilising risk measurement techniques; Rogue trading and fraud; Developing an operational risk management framework
WHAT IS OPERATIONAL RISK?
- Factors Influencing the Importance of Operational Risk
- Identifying & Classifying Operational Risk Categories
- ANALYSING SPECIFIC RISKS
- Practical Workshop: Delegates analyse the operational risks in project management
- Practical Workshop: Delegates will be required to identify and manage operational risk in a personnel issue
- Practical Workshop: Delegates will be required to identify and manage operational risk in a process issue
- Practical Workshop: Developing an operational risk management framework
- Case Study: Rogue trading and fraud
MEASURING OPERATIONAL RISK
- Understanding the Risk Impact
- Practical Workshop: Utilising risk measurement techniques
- Practical Workshop: Analysing a major risk situation
- Exercise: Analysing a situation
MANAGING AND IMPLEMENTING THE OPERATIONAL RISK MANAGEMENT POLICY
- Generic Approaches
- Soft Issues
- Identifying and Tackling Line Management Issues
The course director has been involved in the financial markets for over 30 years during which time he has worked in a variety of roles within fund management, operations, and investment banking.His experience covers both front office and operations functions, having held positions as Director of ...
Videos and materials
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.