Measuring and managing operational risk effectively is no easy task. Banks and other financial institutions are still facing enormous challenges trying to develop and implement a thorough operational risk management system. Bank defaults, insurance company failures and the big corporate disasters have been making the headlines for too long.
To keep you ahead of the latest market developments, IFF has created this practical course, which will explore the techniques to review, manage and account successfully for operational risk. Hands-on and case-study-based, this course will provide delegates with a whole set of tools to design efficient internal control mechanisms that help to prevent mismatching of trades and tracking errors. It will also illustrate how to apply data integration methods to centralise and clarify management information systems.
IN JUST TWO DAYS YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO:
- Identify and define the boundaries of operational risk
- Understand specific risks in financial institutions and their impact on operational efficiency
- Assess risks and their potential impact
- Identify solutions and tackle line management, internal control and the effect of human error
- Create a workable operational risk framework
- Analyse the potential operational risks of distributed ledgers
- Overcome of the operational risk issues in the market infrastructure such as CSDR etc
How You Will Learn
Hands-on and case study-based course that will keep you ahead of the latest market developments
Practical workshops and case studies include: Analysing the operational risks in project management; Managing operational risk in a personnel issue; Utilising risk measurement techniques; Rogue trading and fraud; Developing an operational risk management framework