Who should attend
- Any business negatively by affected by Covid-19
- Any leadership team wishing to pivot their product or service offering
- Executives wishing to learn how to rapidly prototype build a sustainable business beyond Covid-19
- Product owners, agile coaches and design leads working on a product release cycle
How you will benefit
- Learn the tools necessary to rapidly pivot or evolve your business model
- Build a framework to develop fresh opportunities for commercial scale
- Master the skills required to rapidly test and learn with new solutions in marketUnderstand how to manage a simple end to end design thinking process
About the course
Mastering Design Thinking will give you the insights and the tools you need to work with your team to reimagine and pivot your business model and future proof your organisation into the future.
This class should take between five to eight hours to complete. It can be completed at your own pace. Delegates will have access to the platform for 3 months. On completion delegates receive a certificate of attendance and a digital credential to use on your LinkedIn profile.
From time to time a business will have to face some form of disruption to one or more parts of its business model. The advent of 4IR has allowed a number of industries to be disrupted at one or many points of its value chain.
Covid-19 has concentrated disruption into every business on the planet within a six-week timeframe on multiple fronts. These disruptions are taking place across the value chain affecting production, distribution, work force planning and supply chain management. Covid-19, profoundly affects market sizing & segmentation. Even if all the other constrains were removed, would your market still be intact? And would your customers think about you in the same way they had previous? Any one of these disruptions would warrant a business model review, but all of them concurrently demand a complete rethink.
In our masterclass we look at those companies who have already pivoted their business model. From Tesla retooled the Model 3 production line to produce ventilators, from Emirates shifted to cargo hauling, & Netflorist now delivers fresh fruit and veg. We will unpack the thinking and tools that allowed these businesses to widen their gaze and narrow their focus.
- Learning to live with ambiguity
- How to work with design to solve problems
- How to work with business design to reimagine your business model
- Connecting with opportunity through an African lens
- How to validate an opportunity with a canvas
- How to validate an opportunity with data
- How to assess risk v opportunity
Designing with empathy
- Different types of design tools
- A easy and simple to use design process
Rethink how we take a solution to market
- Sustainable business models
- Covid-19 disruptors
- 6 business models with local content
Terry uses design to disrupt traditional business models and innovative social & commercial digital solutions that seek to address the challenges of our time. He has strong global and emerging market experience and has actively worked in over 15 markets with companies that include Google, AXA...
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.