Who should attend
- Managers who wish to improve their strategic thinking and decision making - particularly in conditions of uncertainty and change.
- Consultants in strategy, organisation development and personal effectiveness
- OD and HR managers in organisations
- Strategic planners in organisations
About the course
Behavioural economics provides a more realistic view of economics, business strategy and decision making. It also uses important insights from brain science to explore how people really think and make decisions. Understanding behavioural economics helps develop more effective approaches to strategic thinking and business strategy.
This Masterclass will build your understanding of how you can improve the quality of your strategic thinking and ultimately, your business strategy. This will be achieved through the application of the principles of ‘neurostrategy’, where the focus is on the strategist and how the capacities of the brain can be harnessed to improve thinking, decision making and strategy. This class should take between five to eight hours to complete. It can be completed at your own pace. Delegates will have access to the platform for 3 months. On completion delegates receive a certificate of attendance and a digital credential to use on your LinkedIn profile.
What the course covers:
- The concept of “complexity”: Why conventional planning is no longer effective.
- A functional model of the human brain: How we use our brain, and the role it plays in decision making.
- The DNA of strategic thinking: The key elements we need to understand in order to master thinking and decision making.
- The concept of strategic intuition: How we use insight and intuition to make better strategic decisions.
- Analysis vs insight: How to use both analysis and insight to build better strategies and make more informed decisions.
- Why can’t we see the future?: The special challenges of setting strategy in an uncertain world and how we can improve our strategic thinking in these difficult circumstances
- Scenario thinking: Planning for an uncertain future.
How you will benefit
- Apply behavioural economics to improve strategy
- Draw on critical techniques to make better decision-making
- Understand scenario planning to navigate complexity in an ever changing environment
Videos and materials
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.