Who should attend
It doesn't matter if you are at a junior or senior level of an organisation. This class is for anyone requirig help with their writing skills.
About the course
A first impression can make or break your career – and it's often formed on what you write. Write to be read, not ignored. To draw respect, not judgement. This masterclass takes between 5 and 8 hours to complete. Delegates will receive access to the platform for 4 months and can complete the class at their own pace. On completion delegates receive a certificate of attendance and a digital credential to use on their LinkedIn profile.
Let two of South Africa's best-known writing trainers, Jo-Anne Richards and Richard Beynon lead you through the dos and don'ts of the new business writing, tailored to a modern business landscape.
Writing clearly and effectively is an essential business skill. Global studies show that successful executives attribute 60% of that success to visibility, image and reputation. As face-to-face meetings wane in a post-Covid world, your written image will grow ever more vital.
This is a four-hour course to complete at your own pace. It consists of seven topics, which cover:
- The need for a new business writing style.
- Principles of good writing, including plain language use.
- Planning a business report: sticking to brief, research and interviewing techniques, the difference between fact and opinion – and how to use them to build trust.
- Structuring a report, or any business communication: use the inverted pyramid to get your point across with maximum impact.
- Perfecting your communication, with meaningful titles, headlines and contents, for ease of reading.
- Forming the best impression, through its layout, spelling and grammar.
- E-mails: levels of formality, relevance, and striking the right tone with different audiences, of different generations.
How you will benefit
This masterclass will teach you to shine in your written communications. Seven bite-sized classes will carry you through the essential steps to be read, understood - and to get your point across. The course will show you how to write professional reports that are clear, persuasive and motivational. It will give you confidence, knowing that your business writing is communicating as effectively as possible, and leaving in your readers' minds an impression of crisp professionalism.
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.