Who should attend
This course is designed for all professionals. As writing is the most common form of communication, all professionals can increase their personal brand and reputation will excellent writing skills.
About the course
Communication in the workplace is increasingly done via the written word. With different perspectives, personalities and priorities it is no wonder that communicating effectively can be a challenge.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Prepare materials that motivate readers to take action
- Structure documents and transmit clear messages
- Write in a concise style that makes your desired impact
- Recognise smart business writing
- Improve their own writing objectively
Planning and Structuring Effective Writing
- Organise and structure your thoughts
- Clarify the purpose of writing and the action you require readers to take
- Wrap your message into the pervading culture and focus on the specific audience
- Anticipate readers' needs and wants - reflecting the expectations of different client groups, such as Fund Managers, external clients, senior leadership, and cross departmental sponsors
- Identify and deliver the core financial messages within a proposal
- Deliver key messages with impact so that professionals who are time constrained remember them
Best Practice for Writing
- Establish standards for writing for the finance sector - language, tone and style
- Recognise individual writing styles and what they imply
- Create a best practice model for all business writing
Text and Subtext
- Language, tone and style
- Understand the impact that subtext can have on readers
- Ensure your writing is clear; simplicity and professionalism rule
Write it right
- Write tight, effective sentences by reducing unnecessary wordage
- Summarise long passages easily
"Spilling", "Grammer", and "Pungtuation"
- Identify frequently used punctuation errors
- Learn tips on how to self-edit
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.