Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Oxford Management Centre.Full disclaimer.
About the course
This is designed to develop the essential skills necessary to prepare and evaluate Oil & Gas and Petrochemical Accounting and Performance Measures. It focuses on the risks currently facing the sector including oil price volatility and changing patterns of demand. It focuses on the latest techniques to evaluate Financial; Operational & Social Performance as well as relevant International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) relevant for the preparation of Oil & Gas accounts.
Specifically you will learn to:
- The major risks of the Oil & Gas and Petrochemical sectors and the Tools to manage those Risks
- The latest International Tools and Techniques to develop Skills of Evaluation and Performance Measurement
- Evaluate the Major Issues facing the Oil & Gas and Petrochemical sector
- Prepare Financial Statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Evaluate the Financial and Operational Performance of International Oil & Gas and Petrochemical companies
- The Latest Accounting Issues facing the Oil & Gas and Petrochemical Industry (Upstream, Midstream & Downstream)
- Costs in Acquisition, Exploration, Development and Production of New Oil or Natural Gas Reserves
- The Crack Spread – issues facing Refineries and Petrochemical companies
- Break Even Oil, Cost Oil & Profit Oil
- IFRS in Relation to the Oil & Gas Sector and Petrochemical Sector
- IFRS 6 Exploration & Evaluation of Mineral Assets
- An Overview of IFRS in relation to the Oil & Gas Industry, e.g.
- IAS 16: Property, Plant and Equipment
- Depletion, Depreciation & Amortisation (“DD&A”)
- IAS 36: Impairment of Assets
- IAS 39 & IFRS 9 Financial Instruments: Recognition and Measurement
- Financial Analysis: Income Statements & The Statement of Financial Position (Balance Sheet) Analysis
- Cashflow Analysis and Its Importance in the Oil & Gas sector
- Evaluating the Financial Performance of Leading International Companies in the Sector
- Measuring Reserves – Life; Reserves per Well; Replacement Ratio etc. and The Impact for
- Evaluating the Fiscal Budgets of Oil & Gas Producing Countries
Who should attend
All individuals who work in the Oil & Gas sector particularly those in an accounting and performance measurement role.
In particular, will be suitable for:
- Corporate Accountants, Financial Controllers, Treasury Officers, Management Accountants
- Finance Staff in General Accounting, Payables, Receivables, Inventory, Fixed Assets, etc.
- Joint Venture Accountants and Auditors
- Financial and Investment Analyst