Who should attend
This course intended for Planning, Construction and Facility Engineers, Operators, Managers, Technical and Non-technical Personnel, Field Development Personnel and others who need a better understanding of offshore systems or responsible for providing offshore oil and gas system solutions.
About the course
This course is designed for key players and high net worth professionals, both technical and non-technical that are beginning or transferring from other specialized areas to be directly involved in planning, construction and operation of offshore oil and gas facility systems. This course showcases the basic activities and challenges of offshore oil and gas exploration drilling and production systems.
Participants will develop a basic understanding of offshore exploration and production system operations to accelerate learning for optimum application and productivity. The emerging technologies used for development of new offshore oil and gas fields are presented in this course.
Practical demonstrations with field support are provided to develop participants and give hands on experience needed for real life scenarios. This course includes the use of computers provided at additional cost for each participant.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Acquit with offshore oil and gas terminology
- Develop awareness for early history of offshore oil and gas system
- Identify its evolution to the present time
- Determine how companies explore offshore oil and gas reserves
- Describe how wells are drilled, completed and produced in offshore systems
- Identify various types of offshore platforms, such as fixed and floating platforms
- Recognize key design concepts, fabrication and installation issues associated with offshore structures and facilities
- Identify subsea and topside facilities used to produce oil and gas
- Recognize and implement methods for offshore production transportation
- Setting the stage such as, history, science, engineering approach and recent innovations
- Deepwater exploration
- Drilling and well completion
- Field development options and systems.
- Fixed/rigid offshore structures
- Floating production systems offloading (FPSO).
- Drill ship, ship shapes, submersible and semi-submersibles.
- Subsea systems and intervention.
- Production facilities and Topsides.
- Pipeline construction and installation.
- Risers and flowlines.
- Technology versus wave.
- Exercises and case histories around the world.
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.