Who should attend
- Digital Leaders who need to establish RPA / IPA strategy and develop RPA / IPA business cases for their organization; and
- Digital and / or Infocomm Technology (ICT) Professionals in Organizations that will benefit from leveraging RPA / IPA in Customer Experience and Productivity Improvement
About the course
As Singapore increases our focus to excel in the fast-changing Digital Business Economy, our Smart Nation and Industry 4.0 initiatives are aimed at developing people-centric solutions to address global urban challenges by harnessing info-communications technologies, networks and big data to create solutions enabled by technology. As such, the decision to adopt IPA as one of the key digital transformation initiatives must be considered a top priority by key decision-makers in this new digital era.
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) has successfully demonstrated the ability to improve the overall productivity of between 10% - 20% by automating repetitive, replicable and routine tasks. New research and development incorporating Cognitive Intelligence into RPA; also known as Intelligent Process Automation (IPA), is intended to take RPA further by combining Business Process Reengineering (BPR) with RPA and Machine Learning (ML) to further exploit the opportunities of improving the overall productivity of an organisation and improving customer experience in this Digital Economy. Some studies indicate that the implementation of IPA can potentially extend organisational productivity improvement to beyond 70% - 80% of existing processes.
IPA (augmented with ML) to mimic activities carried out by humans and, over time, learns to do them even better is a fundamental shift from just automating what the human does today. IPA is basically traditional RPA powered with decision-making capabilities from advances in deep learning and cognitive technology. The promise of IPA is to radically enhance efficiency, increased worker performance, reduce operational risks, and improve response times and customer experiences.
This course is a part of Graduate Certificate in Intelligent Software Agents, which is a part of the Stackable Graduate Certificate Programme in Artificial Intelligent Systems offered by NUS-ISS.
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Have a practical insights of the key concepts of Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and Intelligent Process Automation (IPA)
- Establish the right strategy for RPA / IPA implementation through the effective use of the process redesign, routine tasks and workflow automation and decision making via Machine Learning technologies.
- Analyse the practical use cases for RPA and how it can further be improved via IPA
- Select the right RPA / IPA engine, vendors (if appropriate) and implementation strategy for the organization
- Evaluate the challenges and people’s resistance in an RPA / IPA implementation and design a programme to overcome these challenges
What Will Be Covered
- RPA / IPA Strategy
- Setting the vision, roadmap and strategy for Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and Intelligent Process Automation (IPA)
- Identifying RPA candidates and that can further improved with IPA
- Writing a compelling business case for RPA/IPA
- RPA / IPA Deployment and Management
- RPA / IPA Implementation Framework
- Common tools for RPA/IPA
- Managing people impacts of automation / reskill people for new ways of work
- Establish RPA/ IPA CoE
- Use of Machine Learning in Process Automation
- Augmenting RPA with Machine Learning (ML)
- Business considerations in deploying IPA
- Reskilling of people for new ways of work with ML
Yu Chen Kuang was from Deloitte Consulting and Arthur Andersen, specialising in strategic business planning, business process reengineering and supply chain management. He had spent 3 years in China with a Shanghai-based management consulting firm. Prior to this, Chen Kuang was from the Infocomm ...
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.