Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
There are no work experience level prerequisites to attend this course. Participants should be mature and self-directed in their learning, receptive to change and open-minded to learn new skills and tools.
This course is suitable for:
- Inexperienced product managers and project managers who wants to learn the skills and techniques to manage the development, launch, sale and growth of products and services.
- Business analysts, system analysts, designers, developers, marketers who are interested in digital product management methods and want to transition into the product side of business in the digital world.
- Those who are in transition and considering a career in product management with a focus on products and services and how to drive success through digital adoption.
- Those who are in roles that interact with the product management function in delivering products and services.
About the course
The Managing Digital Products (MDP) course is a foundational course that is part of the NUS-ISS Digital Products and Platforms Training Roadmap for product managers, product owners, service managers, business analysts, product engineers, and product marketers.
This course presents participants with a practical and interactive learning experience to pick up skills and tools to successfully manage new and existing products in the digital world. It will cover:
- the fundamentals of managing products with a focus on the digital world.
- the use of modern product management methods and techniques, leveraging on data, agility, user experience design, and experimentation.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- effectively execute the digital product manager’s crucial role in driving digital business success by orchestrating all relevant stakeholders to manage a continually evolving product through its lifecycle.
- develop mastery over building customer-centric products, and leveraging on data to make product decisions within an agile product life cycle and integrated partner ecosystems.
What Will Be Covered
Module 1: Introduction to Product Management
- Overview of Common Product Management Frameworks
- Product Management Challenges
- Traditional vs Digital Product Management
Module 2: Digital Product Leadership & Roles
- The Digital Product Manager Role
- Digital Product Team Model, Digital Hubs and Agile Delivery Pods
- Stakeholder Orchestration
- Cross-Functional Collaboration – e.g. UX team, Data Science team, etc.
Module 3: Digital Product Opportunity
- Product Ideation
- Market Opportunity/Problem
- Digital Market Segmentation from data insights
- Agile Business Case
- Digital Market Intelligence
- Digital Competitive Landscape
Module 4: Digital Product Strategy
- Digital Product Portfolio Management
- Product Positioning
- Digital Unique Selling Proposition - exploiting UX, CX
- Value Messaging
- Formulate Go-to-Market Strategy
- Pricing Strategy
Module 5: Digital Product Planning & Development
- Digital Product Development/ Lean and Agile Methods
- Product Requirements Prioritization and Trade-offs
- Product Release Planning and Road mapping
Module 6: Digital Product Evolution
- Product Evolution / Iteration
- Prototyping and Wireframes
- Product Experimentation and Product Validation
- Hypothesis-driven Feature Testing / AB-Testing
- Customer-centric Product Design
Module 7: Digital Product Launch
- Product Launch Plan
- Digital Product Marketing Plan
- Product Support Plan
Module 8: Digital Product Experience Stewardship
- Digital Thread and Product Life Cycle
- Digital Product Metrics (customer, product, operational metrics, etc.)
- Digital Product Experience over product lifecycle
Boon Kee is a consultant and lecturer at the Institute of Systems Science, National University of Singapore, with over twenty-four years of professional experience in project and product management. His focus is on consulting and teaching for professional development and post-graduate programmes ...
Daniel Boey is the Chief, Project Management Practice at the Institute of System Science, National University of Singapore. He manages a teaching and consultancy practice in project management, specializing in project management competency development and training. He and his team provide consult...
Liong Choon is currently a Senior Lecturer cum consultant in ISS. He started his career in ISS as Deputy Director of the National Infocomm Competency Academy in 2007, to help spearhead the development and implementation of competency-based training in various Institute of Higher Learning in colla...
Richard lectures in project management competency development and training courses; the Certified Outsourcing Manager (Associate) for IT Programme; the Certified Enterprise Architecture Practitioner Programme; and the Master of Technology Programme that include IT Service Management and Data Ware...
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.