Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
The SSCP is ideal for IT administrators, managers, directors and network security professionals responsible for the hands-on operational security of their organisation’s critical assets. It equips participants with the advanced technical skills and knowledge to implement, monitor and administer IT infrastructure using security best practices, policies and procedures.
It is applicable for professionals engaged in the following areas.
- Database Administrator
- Network Security Engineer
- Security Administrator
- Security Analyst
- Security Consultant/Specialist
- Systems Administrator
- Systems Engineer
- Systems/Network Analyst
About the course
A global cybersecurity talent shortage continues to be a problem for companies across industries and sizes. In an era of high-profile data breaches and devastating cyberattacks, cybersecurity impacts every organisation. There is an impending demand for cybersecurity talent, and even more so in recent years.
This course will equip you with the know-how on the operational aspect of cybersecurity. It is suitable for professionals who are new to cybersecurity and also IT professionals or OT engineers who require cybersecurity know-how as a complimentary skill. Today, in fact, it is important for IT professionals and OT engineers to understand security controls and practices to secure the domains under their care.
This course provides knowledge needed to implement, monitor and administrate security features. The common body of knowledge is established by global security professional body, (ISC)2. Participants can progress to take the examination to obtain the SSCP certification which has a globally recognised system security credential.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Align asset management to risk management
- Implement access controls to protect assets
- Understand cryptography, PKI systems and secure protocols
- Understand change management process and security awareness & training
- Support physical security operations
- Apply security controls to secure networked environment
- Apply encryption and DLP to secure cloud
- Apply security controls to secure wireless network
- Apply network access controls to secure last mile
- Apply monitoring systems to detect incident
- Perform security assessment activities
- Support security incident, BCP and DRP
- Support forensic investigations
- Secure software throughout its lifecycle
- Apply data protection built into software
- Secure software against malicious activity
- Apply endpoint device security
- Secure virtualised environment
a) SSCP Credential
Minimum 1 year of cumulative, paid work experience in one or more of the seven domains of the SSCP CBK. A 1 year prerequisite pathway will be granted for candidates who received a degree (bachelors or masters) in a cybersecurity programme
b) Associate of (ISC)2 Credential
A candidate who doesn't yet have the required experience to become a SSCP may become an Associate of (ISC)2 after successfully passing the SSCP exam. The Associate of (ISC)2 will then have two years to earn the experience needed for SSCP certification.
What Will Be Covered
This course will provide participants with the latest knowledge in the following 7 domains areas of systems security:
- Access Controls
- Security Operations and Administration
- Risk Identification, Monitoring and Analysis
- Incident Response and Recovery
- Network and Communication Security
- Systems and Application Security
Educational Qualifications/Professional Certifications Master’s Degree in Business Administration, University of Melbourne Master’s Degree in Computer Science & Information Systems, National University of Singapore Bachelor of Applied Science (Computer Technology), Nanyang Technological Univ...
Carter has 12+ years of experience information IT & Security and brings multi-cloud architecture and security expertise. He is an (ISC)2 Authorised Instructor and ben (ISC)2 Singapore Chapter as an Executive Committee Member for the past 3 years. In addition, he was nominated by Singapore Com...
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.