Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with NUS Institute of Systems Science.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Cloud computing is a model for enabling ubiquitous, on-demand shared pool of configurable computing resources (e.g., networks, servers, storage, applications, and services) that can be rapidly provisioned and released with minimal management effort. “Cloud Native Solution Design” course will help the decision makers cut through all the haze and architect the cloud service effectively. The course concentrates on teaching the participants how to design cloud native solution.
The course will equip the participants with useful pointers to note while designing cloud native solutions. The course also discusses microservices suitability aspects, native design aspects, application migration from traditional hosting, engineering evaluation, service cataloguing, pricing strategy, service level agreements, security, privacy, storage, governance, outage management and service delivery mechanism.
Upon completion of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Evaluate, analyze, translate and document the stakeholder’s identified business requirements into specific solution architecture by working closely with the cloud engineering teams.
- Migrate monolithic systems in an orderly fashion. Analyze each of such solution architecture transition from a traditional setting into cloud hosting migration perspective, and predict necessary change strategies.
- Establish these identified strategies to align with the organization’s business model, security requirements, data privacy, storage needs, metering and monitoring plans, service orchestration, service deployment and service maintenance.
- Select the appropriate services and identify reusable components amongst them.
- Implement microservices to enable organize applications into standalone components that are easier to manage, update, and scale.
- Decide whether microservices and containers are worth the investment, and manage the organizational learning curve associated with them.
- Apply best practices for inter-process communication among microservices.
- Evaluate edge computing strategies and end devices that need inter-cloud communications and container management services.
What Will Be Covered
M1-Overview of Cloud
The module discusses about the typical use cases that benefit from cloud service model and its essential characteristics, service models and deployment models available in cloud.
M2-Cloud Reference Architectures
This module helps participants understand the business requirements and customer expectations before selecting cloud service models and cloud hosting types. The module also elaborates on the various cloud reference architecture (RA) and typical use cases to help the solution architect choose the most suitable RA for the given business case.
This module dwells into devops automation. The module discusses how organizations can deliver applications and services at high velocity. The module hints on evolving and improving products at a faster pace for high-class infrastructure management processes.
This module discusses various cloud persistence options for cloud native application and how these facilities can be extended even to traditional applications. The module evaluates the business case under discussion and recommends an appropriate choice. This module also hints on the various data storage models and scalability options.
M5-Architecting Intelligent Systems in the Cloud
This module also focuses on architecting intelligent systems that combine traditional software engineering principles with new generation intelligent compute libraries such as machine learning, analytics, and other smart algorithms.
M6-Cloud Adoption and Migration
A cloud migration is a common approach for getting existing infrastructure and services into a cloud provider. This module discusses in detail the lift-and-shift approach, where certain workloads and tasks are moved from on-premises storage to the cloud.
The module discusses about designing supportive and sensitive data security.
M8-Cloud Native Architecture
This module discusses the various aspects involved while architecting applications in the native cloud. The module introduces essential 12-factors for Cloud Native Applications and related design considerations. The module compares and contrasts the use of virtual machine over containers for hosting application in the cloud.
A microservice is an independent, standalone capability designed as an executable or a process that communicates with other microservices through standard but lightweight inter process communication such as Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP), RESTful web services, message queues, and the like. The module discusses design considerations involved while implementing microservices.
M10: Serverless (Lambda) Architecture
This module briefly discusses server less architecture - a new style of technical use case in the context of big data, cognitive computing, and IoT systems.
Who should attend
This is an intermediate course, suitable for professionals with experience in software projects, with an interest or requirement to understand cloud native architecture and microservices.
The target audience would be professionals from the following skills group and job roles:
- Infrastructure Group: Infrastructure Engineer, Cloud Engineer, Senior Cloud Engineer, Senior Infrastructure Engineer, Principal Planning and Design Architect, and Principal Cloud Architect.
- Professional Services Group: IT Consultant, Solutions Integration Architect, Senior IT Consultant, Enterprise Architect, Principal Solutions Architect, Principal IT Consultant, Principal Enterprise Architect, Program Director, and Head of IT Consulting.
- Software and Applications Group: Systems Analyst, Applications Developer, Platform Engineer, Embedded Systems Engineer, Senior Applications Developer, Senior Platform Engineer, Senior Embedded Systems Engineer, Applications Development Manager, Platform Engineering Manager, Embedded Systems Engineering Manager, Applications Architect, Platform Architect, Embedded Systems Architect, and Head of Applications Development.
Trust the experts
Suriya Priya Asaithambi
Suria has twenty years of teaching and consulting experience in areas such as software engineering, application architecture, crafting cloud services, agile development and big data engineering. Her research interest spans around cloud computing, software engineering, test automation and big dat...