Who should attend
Digital Professionals, Business Managers and C-level executives who are seeking to lead and increase business agility for their organisations.
- Participants should have some prior knowledge on digital business and management in general (project management, programme management or change management) and have at least 10 years of professional experience.
- Participants understand what is business agility and basic knowledge of agile principles and values.
- This is an intensive and highly interactive course and participants are expected to do prior readings and reflect on assigned questions as part of preparation before attending the classes.
About the course
Business agility refers to the ability of an organisation to respond and adapt quickly to the fast changing digital business environment that will continue to be more uncertain, complex and ambiguous than before.
An agile organisation is both stable (resilient, reliable and efficient) and dynamic (fast, nimble and adaptive). They can offer high value proposition and great customer experience for their customers by organising itself quickly and learning rapidly from time to time.
Businesses that embrace agile values and principles across their organisations are better at rapid innovation and achieve faster time-to-market for their products and services, which are very important competitive advantages in the digital business environment today.
This course present the importance of business agility in relation to digital transformation and provide guidance for business leaders to apply agile principles and practices to change their ways or working and mind-sets across the organisation to increase their business agility.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to apply the following seven principles to increase business agility for their organisation such as:
- Build Autonomous Teams: To build and empower customer-focused and autonomous teams who can self-organise and respond to fast business changes effectively
- Empower People: To empower and align teams with vision, purpose and principles of the organisation, with the practices of decentralised decision-making
- Simplify Business Processes: To simplify processes to gain speed to deliver value for the customers and business
- Be Data-Driven: To apply data analytical techniques to measure business results using customer-driven metrics and achieve better data-driven decision-making for continuous improvement and innovation
- Deliver Quickly and Iterate: To adapt iterative approach to experimentation, learn from feedback and make fast decision to improve speed-to-market for Product or Services introduction.
- Tightly Manage Work-In-Process: To analyse and reduce bottlenecks to improve the flow of work across the organisation that lead to achieving fast and better business outcome.
- Cultivate a Culture of Innovation – To analyse the right resources, working environment and supports needed by employees and organisation to embrace culture of innovation to keep up with paces of changes and gain sustainable competitive advantage in their business environment.
Jamie, a dual citizen of the UK and NZ, has spent over 20 years improving the business value of IT Services for public and private organisations in the UK, Australia and South East Asia. His experience spans the full spectrum of IT functions including: IT Strategy and Governance Business Devel...
Sharon has 20 years of career in Information Technology (IT), with vast experience in Retail and Telecommunication industries. She is an experienced technology leader who had worked in multinational companies for Asia Pacific region and excel at strategic planning, business engagement and portfol...
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.