Who should attend
It is applicable for professionals engaged in the following areas:
- Members of software development teams who wish to increase their effectiveness in performing testing activities within an Agile framework, such as Scrum, including:
- Product Owners
- Business Analysts
- Solution Architects
- Scrum Masters
- Software Developers
- Project stakeholders who need to understand how testing is performed within an Agile framework, such as Scrum, including:
- Programme Managers
- Project Managers
- Quality Managers
About the course
Many organisations develop software using an Agile methodology.
An Agile software development approach is characterised by iterative and incremental development to achieve significant productivity benefits, such as faster time-to-market and cost & time savings.
The Agile approach's benefits to the organisation are:
- Increased ability to plan and deliver changes based on business priorities
- Greater responsiveness with the ability to respond to changing priorities or urgent updates
- Higher visibility of progress to all stakeholders
- The confidence that they are building the right solutions by allowing them to explore new ideas and test them quickly with significantly less effort and cost
- A delivery process that significantly lowers the risk of delivery, compared to traditional 'big bang' releases at the end of a long project
- Improved ability to commit to and meet delivery deadlines
- The ability to deliver new functionalities to their customers faster and with less lead time
A software testing practice that follows the principles of Agile software development is called 'Agile Testing'. An Agile framework, such as Scrum, is an iterative approach for software development, where requirements and designs evolve through collaboration between the customer and self-organising project teams.
Agile Testing focuses on identifying and repairing defects when they are detected, rather than waiting for a later stage in the project. By doing so, the product's quality will increase and development costs and efforts will go down. Agile practices, such as daily meetings can help to identify issues and defects early.
This three-day course will provide training and testing activities related to Agile projects and on applying tools and techniques to ensure that software products meet the accepted quality level (AQL).
Advantages of Agile Testing:
- Improves quality
- Saves time and money
- Reduces documentation
- Team gets regular feedback from end users
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Understand the mindset, culture and principles behind the Agile approach to software development
- Differentiate between the testing role in Agile teams compared to that in traditional teams
- Contribute positively as an Agile team member focused on Agile testing
- Recognise the challenges and difficulties associated with non-testing activities performed in an Agile team
- Understand and apply the following within an Agile project: Test estimation, test planning, test design (Test Driven Development and Behavior-Driven Development), test execution, defect management and test closure
- Support the team's accountability for quality
- Demonstrate a range of soft skills required by effective Agile team members
What Will Be Covered
- Introduction to Agile Testing
- Agile Testing - Roles & Responsibilities
- Feature & story testing effects of requirements management in Agile testing
- Collaborating with developers
- Example-driven development (TDD, BDD)
- Testing automation & techniques
- Test strategy & planning
- Agile test design & test execution
Suria has twenty years of teaching and consulting experience in areas such as software engineering, application architecture, crafting cloud services, agile development and big data engineering. Her research interest spans around cloud computing, software engineering, test automation and big dat...
Chandra has a wide experience in Software Quality Management as a SQA and SEPG involved in identifying, developing, implementing, verifying the adherence, assessing the effectiveness and improving of the organizational standard software processes with reference to the SW CMM & CMMI Dev Models...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.