About the course
This workshop will give you the tools to build confidence as a negotiator and position yourself to consistently achieve more favourable outcomes. Negotiation is an integral part of our day-to-day lives and enhanced knowledge and skills can unlock untapped value. Learning and training based on core negotiation principles leads to real skill improvement and leaves you more capable to reap real rewards.
This 2-day course will empower you with proven techniques (strategies, frameworks, tools) to be used in any type of negotiation. Taught in workshop fashion, it allows for maximum interaction between participants and the instructor, and creates an active learning environment. Material taught will be supplemented by negotiation simulations and self-diagnostic tools.
As a result of taking this course, you will:
- Become familiar with different negotiation approaches, with a focus on the integrative approach
- Understand the core elements of a win-win negotiating strategy and when it can be used
- Have a systematic framework to effectively prepare for and conduct a negotiation using the Negotiation Map Tool
- Be able to manage the key steps of a negotiation process
- Use strategies to maximize your negotiation power and to deal with difficult negotiators and unsettling tactics
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses as a negotiator and be able to identify that of your counterpart
Biography Matthew Mulford teaches in various HEC Executive Education programs, such as HEC Executive MBA and customized programs, which he also designs and facilitates as Academic Director. Matt Mulford joined the London School of Economics (LSE) faculty in 1995 where he has been a senior lectur...
Catherine is a Senior Consultant at Juniper, a boutique consulting firm specializing in innovation, culture, and strategy. She focuses on negotiation advisory and training, strategic planning, and managing complex relationships. Her experience spans multiple sectors, including government, energy,...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.