New Perspectives on Strategy in an Ever-Changing World
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with CEIBS.Full disclaimer.
In the 21st century, it is increasingly difficult to imagine any business being able to execute its strategy without the capabilities of advanced digital technologies. While these new technologies have given firms new capabilities to exploit, in many cases they have also reduced the explanatory power of many traditional strategy concepts. Understanding the strategic options that new technologies provide to a business is one of the increasingly vital skills that a general manager must possess in today’s corporations. Understanding the strategic capabilities of technology and the options they generate is the primary focus of this programme – both in terms of exploring the potential limitations of current strategy concepts and concerning suggested new strategic perspectives that are critical in a digital world.
In-depth technological knowledge is not required for this programme, but it will be paramount for participants to develop a working knowledge of the impact of technology on business. Thus, we will explore the implications of certain types of hardware, software, and telecom developments for the ways that an organisation thinks about competitors, strategy, organisational design, and the nature of management.
Participants on the programme will:
- Explore and become familiar with the fundamental concepts of business models as a basis for developing a more robust organisation
- Understand the limitations of current ideas on strategy in today’s era of globalisation and digitalisation
- Become aware of the importance and strategic implications of “core incompetences” for company strategy
- Examine how to develop an organisation’s information footprint and its benefits
- Develop symbiotic strategies to take advantage of previously untapped opportunities
- Gain an integrative framework showing the interlocking nature of the technology industry and its impact on a firm’s strategy
- Understand the intertwining organisational factors that influence firms’ decisions and their development or adoption of technology
- Learn how to maintain cost advantage without sacrificing strategic capabilities to create value in the future
- Broaden their understanding of the BPO (business product outsourcing) movement and its major implications for individuals, firms and governments
- Grasp the criteria for successful strategic planning that will assist companies in absorbing shocks so they not only survive, but also thrive in the 21st century
- Perspectives on Technology and Strategic Change
- Managing Technology in Today’s Organization
- Technology’s Impact on Industry and Firm Strategy
- 10 commandments for competing in turbulent imes
- Core competencies
- Understanding the Technology Ecosystem
- Mapping the technology peloton
- Business Process Outsourcing (BPO)-Threat or Opportunity
- BPO and the emergence of the fractal economy
- Technology, Rapid Change, Unpredictability and Strategic Planning
- Developing strategic shock absorbers-lessons from India & Dubai
Who should attend
The programme is designed for top-tier decision makers in companies who are responsible for strategy planning and execution.