New Managers’ Development Programme (NMDP)
The NMDP focuses on developing a participant’s skills and knowledge by enhancing their management and leadership competencies. It equips them with the confidence and the capabilities to respond effectively to current and future business challenges.
What does it cover
Managerial skills coupled with self-awareness, enhanced people management, leadership and team skills equips new managers to face various situations with confidence.
The ability to manage information overload, track and manage productivity and communicate shared goals, priorities and values effectively are also essential skills required by new managers.
Who should attend
Supervisors, team leaders and persons aspiring to be managers or taking on first time management roles.
New Leaders Development Program
Enhance your skills as a new manager with our New Leaders Development program.
Using a combination of practical tools, personal development and peer discussion, we help you boost your self-awareness, confidence and expertise so you can become a more effective leader. You’ll learn how to better support your team through increased impact in areas such as conflict management, performance-building and goal-setting.
You will gain the insights and tools you need to build your personal, team and organisational effectiveness and learn to delegate effectively, manage conflict, lead with confidence, set realistic goals and coach others.
By the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate self-awareness and an understanding of your behavioural impact on others
- Use strategies, pragmatic tools and frameworks to build your confidence and capabilities
- Use your greater personal insights as a new leader to engage and influence others
- Apply newfound knowledge and relationship skills to your leadership role and personal life.
Your program journey is designed to ensure you emerge with new skills and behaviours that are aligned to your learning goals.
- Comprehensive questionnaires, including self-assessment and 360-degree assessments, involving your nominated colleagues
- Access to workshop materials and networking through our online-learning platform
The following key themes are explored:
- Learning and understanding yourself and others
- Your impact on others
- Leadership and teams
- Organisational perspectives
- Leadership in action.
- Meet with your manager to review your pre-workshop conversation and discuss your workshop outcomes, follow up on feedback and apply your personal development plan
- Continued access to materials and facilitators through our online-learning platform.
Who should attend
- New or entry-level middle managers, team leaders and supervisors, or those transitioning into a leadership role
- Managers who have had little leadership development