Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
- Managers with little or no formal training in negotiations
- Middle to senior level managers
About the course
Although people negotiate all the time, most of us know very little about the science behind effective negotiations. Why do we sometimes get our way whereas other times we walk away feeling frustrated ?
In this practical, hands-on workshop, you will be able to identify your own negotiating strengths and areas of improvement, learn how to apply various negotiation techniques including deal making between organizations, dispute resolution, and multi-party negotiations.
- Persuasion and Influence
- Basics of Distributive negotiation
- Set targets, bottom-lines
- Identify and Implement a win-win integrative negotiation
- Learn when to use agents
- Understand approaches to dispute resolution
- Multi-party, multi-issue negotiation strategies
- Assess your own negotiation style and its limitations
- A structured approach to the negotiation process and context
- Understand mindset of the other party in negotiations
- Know how to resolve disputes and avoid litigations
- Handle key tensions (e.g. trust vs. distrust, creating vs. claiming value) in negotiations
- Reconcile interests of principals and their agents
- Improved ability to handle multiple parties in a negotiation
Amit Nandkeolyar is an Associate Professor of Organizational Behavior and teaches courses on Negotiation Analysis, Leadership and Teams. Prior to joining IIMA, he worked with the Indian School of Business. Before joining academia, he worked with MMTC Limited - a major international trading compa...