Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad.Full disclaimer.
Although people negotiate all the time, most of us know very little about the science behind effective negotiations. Why do we sometimes get our way whereas other times we walk away feeling frustrated ?
In this practical, hands-on workshop, you will be able to identify your own negotiating strengths and areas of improvement, learn how to apply various negotiation techniques including deal making between organizations, dispute resolution, and multi-party negotiations.
- Persuasion and Influence
- Basics of Distributive negotiation
- Set targets, bottom-lines
- Identify and Implement a win-win integrative negotiation
- Learn when to use agents
- Understand approaches to dispute resolution
- Multi-party, multi-issue negotiation strategies
- Assess your own negotiation style and its limitations
- A structured approach to the negotiation process and context
- Understand mindset of the other party in negotiations
- Know how to resolve disputes and avoid litigations
- Handle key tensions (e.g. trust vs. distrust, creating vs. claiming value) in negotiations
- Reconcile interests of principals and their agents
- Improved ability to handle multiple parties in a negotiation
Who should attend
- Managers with little or no formal training in negotiations
- Middle to senior level managers