Who should attend
- Business leaders seeking to take their present negotiating practice to the next level, from both profit or not-for-profit sectors including large and small organisations.
- Leaders that need to evaluate & coach their team’s negotiation talent
- Senior managers and entrepreneurs who anticipate critical strategic negotiations, needing to prepare for a role that will include substantial negotiation responsibility.
About the course
Become more confident and skilful to dramatically improve your ability to negotiate better outcomes
Today’s global economies require leaders to understand cultural differentiation and highlight the need for mature, skilful negotiators with better methodologies, better tools and a mindset towards systematically improving their negotiating skills. They must excel in negotiating while protecting margins, creating extra value in the negotiated relationship and deliver superior resilience, protecting the relationship and brand.
Spend two impactful days immersed with a negotiation expert in this game-changing negotiation programme.
Learn to negotiate with greater confidence, improved efficiency and superior ‘tactical finesse’ under typical stress, throughout the whole negotiation process - preparation, negotiation, and evaluation.
Course participants will gain invaluable experience by preparing for and engaging in a range of face-to-face negotiations also covering ‘remote or online negotiation’ techniques and protocols.
Group negotiation sessions based on real world complex issues are captured on video for individual and peer review and analyses, with copies of the classroom sessions made available to each participant online post course.
Importantly, this course provides a methodology that allows participants to keep improving their negotiation skills throughout their careers
Based on the facilitator’s extensive global negotiation experience this short course provides a cross-cultural ‘real-world’ negotiations methodology with long-term management development outcomes covering:
- The elements of persuasive power: Influencing, convincing the other party of your value-creating proposals
- Tactics: how they work and how to react
- The impact and detection of ‘culture’ and ‘organisational culture’, ‘CEO culture’ and tuning towards cross-cultural negotiation success
- Core components of superior, value-creating negotiation, including the David vs Goliath challenge of small organisations negotiating with large organisations
- The need for multiple scenarios
- Dealing with difficult people
- Breaking deadlocks
- Managing the negotiation team (present and online)
- Strategic thinking: Risk mitigation strategies, concession strategies
- Maximise efficiency and credibility by managing roles and fine tune team dynamics of your negotiation team.
- Understand better what kind of negotiator you are (under-stress)observing your behaviour and your team’s behaviour
- Analyse your strengths to further improve your negotiation skills
- Confidently manage the entire negotiation process from preparation to negotiation to evaluation; mixing analogue concepts and digital platforms for maximum, OECD standard efficiency
- Learn how technology can boost credibility, process and negotiated outcomes
- Better manage your own behaviour (under-stress) and get comfortable with the methodology for continuous self-improvement
Your organisation will:
- Benefit from more resilient, better-quality negotiated outcomes
- Build credibility and respect with world-class negotiators and transparent quality processes
- Be the learning organisation that systematically seeks to learn and improve upon past negotiations processes
- Realise the value of internal ‘buy-in’ and the importance of creating traceability around negotiated outcomes and their arguments
Technology and innovation veteran Patrick E.J. Rottiers brings 30+ years of international corporate know-how to the Executive Education portfolio. Prior to settling in New Zealand, Patrick held senior management positions in various international, multi-cultural corporate environments in Europe, ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.