Negotiation Skills for Women in Leadership
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Weatherhead School of Management.Full disclaimer.
Women do not tend to ask for raises, promotions, or better opportunities. They don’t ask for recognition for the work they do. They don’t ask for more help at home. As women’s lives have become increasingly complex and business structures continue rapid change, negotiating skills have become a necessity. This session examines negotiation through the lens of gender and is geared to the challenges women face. Participants will examine the dramatic differences between women and men in their propensity to negotiate and their very distinct preferred negotiating styles.
The ongoing changes in the workplace culture make it essential for women to exercise more control over their careers than in the past. The evolving roles women play at home also force them to manage conflicting commitments in their lives. This rapid professional and personal change makes negotiating a basic survival skill. In this session, learn how to get in touch with what you want, discover ways to negotiate for it, and develop ways to help others get what they need with this straightforward, collaborative method.
- Why women don’t negotiate: barriers and challenges
- Why women should negotiate
- Gender differences in negotiation
- Negotiation as collaboration – a step-by-step process
- Determining objectives and asking for them
- Avoiding common mistakes
- Practical tips to "win" in life through negotiation
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Learn a practical strategy for successful negotiation
- Discover their natural negotiating style
- Tap into sources of natural power and persuasion
Who should attend
Women professionals with varied degrees, at any level in their organization, any functional role, industry type, company size, profit or not-for-profit.