Who should attend
This program is designed for any professional or manager who needs negotiation and conflict resolution skills to build successful relationships. This can be either internally within the organization or externally with clients, or both.
About the course
This Program provides a variety of practical strategies to become a successful negotiator in any context. From negotiating with customers, strategic partners and suppliers to building internal consensus around a vision or strategy, negotiating skills are a required core competency for any successful manager or executive. In the program, you will have the opportunity to practice what you have learned, in a safe and supportive environment.
In this program you will learn to
- Change confrontation into problem solving and discuss creative options that maximize the interests of all parties
- Build collaborative relationships
- Develop the ability to recognize and deal with different styles of thinking, decision-making, conflict management, and emotional behaviour
- Learn to negotiate in a non-adversarial way
- Create better working relationships with customers, suppliers, colleagues and staff
- Improve your negotiating effectiveness
- Learn to deal with different styles of negotiation
- Build more constructive relationships with customers and suppliers
- Improve your organization’s ability to negotiate successfully
- Develop a more collaborative approach to business
- Create a win-win mentality within your organization
The program is broken into two modules:
- Introduction to the negotiation process
- Negotiation Simulation 1 (followed by debrief and discussion)
- Positional (Distributive) negotiation
- Framing in negotiation
- Negotiation simulation 2 (followed by debrief and discussion)
- Interest-based/Principle-based Negotiation
- Negotiation styles
- Negotiation Simulation 3 (followed by debrief and discussion)
- Bridging the gap by creating value and honouring interests
- The gender factor
- Cross-cultural negotiation
- Negotiation Simulation 4 (followed by debrief and discussion)
- Dealing with difficult negotiators and power differentials
Dynamic Remote Learning
Participate in the program from anywhere. Queen’s Executive Education remote learning programs combine live, dynamic video instruction with breakout sessions, panel discussions, and expert Q&A.
Our learning platform is fully encrypted, allowing you to connect securely from home, office or anywhere in between.
Remote programs are designed to fit within your schedule, allowing you to learn new skills and immediately put them to work.
Adjunct Assistant Professor & Distinguished Faculty Fellow of Business Law Shai Dubey teaches courses in negotiations, cross-cultural management, ethics, domestic and international business law and entrepreneurship. He is the academic director for project courses in various MBA programs...
Videos and materials
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.