Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Managers and executives in general management or any functional area.
About the course
This 2-day Program provides a variety of practical strategies to become a successful negotiator in any context. From negotiating with customers, strategic partners and suppliers to building internal consensus around a vision or strategy, negotiating skills are a required core competency for any successful manager or executive. In the program, you will have the opportunity to practice what you have learned, in a safe and supportive environment.
The Program will enable you to
- Change confrontation into problem solving and discuss creative options that maximize the interests of all parties
- Build collaborative relationships
- Develop the ability to recognize and deal with different styles of thinking, decision-making, conflict management, and emotional behaviour
- Learn to negotiate in a non-adversarial way
- Create better working relationships with customers, suppliers, colleagues and staff
- Improve your negotiating effectiveness
- Learn to deal with different styles of negotiation
- Build more constructive relationships with customers
- and suppliers
- Improve your organization’s ability to negotiate successfully
- Develop a more collaborative approach to business
- Create a win-win mentality within your organization
The program includes these main themes:
- Introduction to the negotiation process
- Negotiation Simulation 1 (followed by debrief and discussion)
- Positional (Distributive) negotiation
- Framing in negotiation
- Negotiation simulation 2 (followed by debrief and discussion)
- Interest-based/Principle-based Negotiation
- Negotiation styles
- Negotiation Simulation 3 (followed by debrief and discussion)
- Bridging the gap by creating value and honouring interests
- The gender factor
- Cross-cultural negotiation
- Negotiation Simulation 4 (followed by debrief and discussion)
- Dealing with difficult negotiators and power differentials
Adjunct Assistant Professor & Distinguished Faculty Fellow of Business Law Shai Dubey teaches courses in negotiations, cross-cultural management, ethics, domestic and international business law and entrepreneurship. He is the academic director for project courses in various MBA programs...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.