Who should attend
Managers and executives in general management or any functional area.
About the course
This 2-day Program provides a variety of practical strategies to become a successful negotiator in any context. From negotiating with customers, strategic partners and suppliers to building internal consensus around a vision or strategy, negotiating skills are a required core competency for any successful manager or executive. In the program, you will have the opportunity to practice what you have learned, in a safe and supportive environment.
The Program will enable you to
- Change confrontation into problem solving and discuss creative options that maximize the interests of all parties
- Build collaborative relationships
- Develop the ability to recognize and deal with different styles of thinking, decision-making, conflict management, and emotional behaviour
- Learn to negotiate in a non-adversarial way
- Create better working relationships with customers, suppliers, colleagues and staff
- Improve your negotiating effectiveness
- Learn to deal with different styles of negotiation
- Build more constructive relationships with customers
- and suppliers
- Improve your organization’s ability to negotiate successfully
- Develop a more collaborative approach to business
- Create a win-win mentality within your organization
The program includes these main themes:
- Introduction to the negotiation process
- Negotiation Simulation 1 (followed by debrief and discussion)
- Positional (Distributive) negotiation
- Framing in negotiation
- Negotiation simulation 2 (followed by debrief and discussion)
- Interest-based/Principle-based Negotiation
- Negotiation styles
- Negotiation Simulation 3 (followed by debrief and discussion)
- Bridging the gap by creating value and honouring interests
- The gender factor
- Cross-cultural negotiation
- Negotiation Simulation 4 (followed by debrief and discussion)
- Dealing with difficult negotiators and power differentials
Adjunct Assistant Professor & Distinguished Faculty Fellow of Business Law Shai Dubey teaches courses in negotiations, cross-cultural management, ethics, domestic and international business law and entrepreneurship. He is the academic director for project courses in various MBA programs...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.