About the course
Are you and your business digitally ready?
Digital Transformation – what does that actually mean, and how is it influencing your business strategy? Do you know how could it benefit your organisation in its current shape and form?
Our Mini MBA in Digital Innovation course will take you on a five-day journey to explore, understand, experience and interact with the exciting idea of Digital Transformation in business. Through a highly interactive and practical content the trainers will unveil a full picture of the current digital landscape, and not only help you identify where you and your business are positioned in these frameworks, but also equip you with knowledge, cultural awareness, leadership skills and practical tools to build your own strategy to get where you want to be.
The programme is specifically designed to provide face-to-face teaching in a thought-provoking environment that encourages interaction, is heavily solution-oriented and gives an opportunity to fast-track through learning by using practical, real-life examples and case studies to ensure your invested time and money will return best possible insights and take-away messages!
Salford Professional Development’s Mini MBA in Digital Innovation course features a perfectly balanced agenda, delivered by trainers from both academic and business backgrounds, in collaboration with relevant industry speakers reinforcing the themes of the course, will lead you through the digital transformation process by detailed exploration of current top-trend topics such as data analysis and technology tools, but also human factors, change management and leadership qualities.
If you would like to find out more about this exciting opportunity, please do not hesitate to contact us for a quote – be quick as spaces are very limited!
The Mini MBA in Digital Innovation will increase your understanding of how digital transformation can help identify new markets, bring increased competitiveness and improve customer experience while reducing costs.
With real practical industry insights, you will also understand how to grow and develop an agile workforce that is willing to, and be capable of innovation.
Using case studies and an interactive approach, the programme is designed to encourage shared learning from your fellow course attendees and you will also be supported to work on your own digital strategy for your business throughout the five days.
Day 1 – Making The Digital Difference
On this day you will begin to map out your digital innovation journey - where are you now and where do you want to be? The day introduces key concepts, technologies and tools for reflecting on your business's current situation in relation to competitors, how to change and what to aim for.
- Assessment of the factors pushing businesses to innovate and understand what digital ways of working can do for your business
- Emphasis on how technology is changing your business, people and customer expectations
- Key concepts, technologies and tools to assess where your business sits in relation to your competitors - how to change and what to aim for
- Initial assessment on where your business sits
Day 2 - What does your data tell you?
On this day you will learn the importance of data in finding new customers and markets. We look at the importance of people with change agent roles in the business, techniques for creating new products or services and ways of changing markets and using data for evidence-based decision making.
- What does it mean to be a data-driven organisation?
- What type of data can your business generate?
- The ethical and legal implications of becoming a data-driven business – GDPR, cyber-security
- How data can help create new products or services and change markets
- The importance of people as agents for change
- Using data for evidence-based decision making
- Using data to communicate internally and externally
- Tools and techniques for using data in an effective and user-friendly way
Day 3 - Leveraging technology to drive competitive advantage
On the third day of your journey, our trainers will unveil the power of technology that will help drive transformation and innovation in your business.
- Understand and apply a strategically aligned, agile approach to digital transformation.
- Understand the business transformational value from selected mature and emerging technologies, illustrated by real life case studies. Apply in real life business scenario.
- Deep dive into a specific case study – delivered by a leading industry guest speaker – to understand organisational transformation in practice.
- Discover how an incremental approach to experimentation and delivery can maximise strategic value from digital transformation.
- Case Study: David Dunbar, Head of Digital Workplace, Department for Work and Pensions
Day 4 - Leading digital change
With the tools to bring change to organisation we consider the people and the skills that are needed. The day examines the focal points for change within the organisation, the types of leadership and control required to enable this change and the attributes required for new roles.
- The types of leadership needed to enable digital change
- Identifying and developing “new” roles
- Getting staff buy-in
- Developing a culture of change – the importance of collaboration
- The digital workplace
- Cultivating a digital mindset
- Impact of new technologies on people/ recruitment/training
Day 5 - Develop, execute and review your strategy
In this final day we bring together all the learning to consider existing business models for innovative products and services and then develop some individual innovative business modelling - drawing in the ideas and concepts of the course to consider the 'as is' situation for our own organisations and the future possibilities.
- What is innovation?
- Business models for innovation of products and services
- Identifying opportunities and embracing innovation to move your business forward
- Creating your new digital business model
Mirage started his marketing career in Financial Services and then FMCG, before joining one of the UK’s largest mobile Internet portals – developing online social communities – creating marketing opportunities for leading brands. He then spent 7 years with Sky, launching and leading its first Dig...
Dawn has had a long career in business and marketing with several major technology brands including Schlumberger, Hewlett-Packard and Brother. She is an active Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing and is currently on the Board of Trustees. She has a degree in Mechanical Engineering and...
John combines part time Non-executive director positions with supervisory and guest lecturing activities with the University of Leeds Business School. John’s full-time career with IBM - which concluded mid 2017 – was a mixture of leveraging digital technologies into government and public sector ...
Jo Clare is a Leadership Development Consultant and Executive Coach, specialised in supporting organisations, teams and individuals to lead in times of transformation and change. A Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development and an accredited Executive Coach (ILM L7 Diploma), J...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.