Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This program is ideal for those with professional experience and an advanced degree in a technical field who wish to add business management theory and skills to their resume. It is also valuable to those early in their career as technical experts who wish to integrate traditional business analysis into their daily practice.
This course is especially well-suited for those who would like to learn to think through a business management lens, but would value doing so with others who share their engineering and technology-focused experience.
About the course
In today’s corporate environment, those who specialize in engineering and technology management, must master cross-discipline concepts and contribute to multifunctional teams. Technical expertise, while vital, is not enough for long-term career success.
Our Mini-MBA for Engineers and Technology Managers offers the opportunity to expand your contribution beyond technical solutions to robust leadership. Master the nomenclature and understand the methodology that will enable you to ask the right questions and provide effective solutions. Gain a critical understanding of key areas such as human resources management, marketing strategy, and negotiation techniques, resulting in a well-rounded, overall strategy for success.
- Tailored specifically to professionals in engineering and technical sciences. Provides important business skills in an efficient, intense format that will translate to immediate practical application.
- Learn business management methodology and theory from thought leaders in this discipline who also have practical industry experience.
- Learn in a rigorous university environment and earn a program certificate as well as academic credits that can be applied toward future education goals.
- Understand how to align technical outcomes with broader organizational goals. Demonstrate more multidisciplinary leadership that balances technological experience with business management.
- Become a more integral partner across departments. Be able to analyze and problem solve in ways that couple your traditional expertise with cross-functional perspective.
- Express to stakeholders the ROI of engineering and technological contributions using business terminology that will resonate with those from non-technical backgrounds.
Featuring 10 modules (each covered in 3.5 hours), this program will enable you to understand important business management concepts that will complement your professional technical experience. Topics include:
- Analyzing financial statements, including the balance sheet, the income sheet and cash flow statements
- Understanding macroeconomics in a global economy, including multinational supply chains, R&D and international regulations
- Managing people in ways that impact employee talent and motivation, as well as maximize the opportunities team members have to contribute to project and organizational success
Sharon Lydon is senior associate dean at Rutgers Business School (RBS), New Jersey, USA. Professor Lydon has as total of eight academic programs that report to her: Executive M.B.A, M.B.A. (full-time and part-time), M.B.A. in Professional Accounting, Masters in Accounting (Tax, Financial Accounti...
Author of the acclaimed book on internet marketing, Do It Wrong Quickly, on the heels of the best-selling Search Engine Marketing, Inc., Mike Moran led many initiatives on IBM's website for eight years, including IBM's original search marketing strategy. Mike also serves as a senior strategist wi...
Dr. Langdana's areas of specialization include monetary and fiscal theory and international trade and global macroeconomic policy. His research deals with macroeconomic experimentation and the role of stabilization policy in an expectations-driven economy. He has published several articles as wel...
Ben J. Sopranzetti is a Professor of Finance and Assistant Chairman of the Department of Finance and Economics at Rutgers Business School. He received his Ph.D. in finance from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 1995. He has over 25 years of international experience in building, va...
Bob brings a wealth of diverse, general operations and business background as an executive at large corporations such as Carlson Wagonlit Travel, Thomson Reuters, Ceridian and Deluxe Corporation. He has managed global customer service and technical support organizations as well as software implem...
Tim Peter helps companies put the web to work to grow their business. He has worked since 1995 developing innovative e-commerce and internet marketing programs across multiple industries. Prior to launching Tim Peter & Associates, LLC, a full-service e-commerce and internet marketing consulti...
John Hellriegel is an Assistant Professor of Professional Practice in the Supply Chain department at Rutgers Business School. He is a Supply Chain expert with over 25 years of experience across multiple industries. He has worked for companies such as Estee Lauder, Honeywell, Diageo, Pepperidge Fa...
Braun C. Kiess is a successful financial executive, serial entrepreneur, educator and investor. With over 20 years of experience in a diverse range of industries, Mr. Kiess’ professional roles have included: Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Vice President of Sales &am...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.