Meeting the Leadership Challenge
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Sauder School of Business.Full disclaimer.
Become the senior business leader you were meant to be
Designed for senior managers and executives, this powerful six-day program in residence will enable you to discover your unique leadership potential and leverage it to carry you to the next level of success.
Alongside a supportive group of like-minded peers from various industries, you'll better define who you are as a leader, the values you want to instill and the teams you want to build. You will be equipped with the strategies, skills and confidence you need to execute on your vision and lead your organization into the future.
Taught by recognized global thought leaders, the program is delivered in residence at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver.
What you will learn
This program is designed to carry you to the next level of leadership excellence.
- Cultivate new insights and perspectives on what it means to be a leader
- Define your personal values and create harmony between your vision, goals and actions
- Improve essential leadership skills
- Articulate a compelling vision that inspires others to strive for excellence
- Build, lead, empower and energize high-performance teams
- Facilitate healthy group dynamics and resolve conflict
- Leverage organizational interactions and power structures
- Develop the self-confidence and calm, compassionate mind that characterize great leaders
- Become more positive and productive in the workplace
Your organization will:
- Develop their leadership capacity from within
- Capitalize immediately on the deepened leadership insights and skills brought back to the workplace
- Enrich the organization's collective leadership vision, for superior decision making
- Fill essential knowledge and performance gaps
- Build an organizational culture of leadership, development and mentorship
- Strengthen talent retention and corporate succession planning
- See greater levels of confidence throughout the organization, as alumni serve as role models to others
- Leading effectively from a variety of perspectives
- Leading yourself: harnessing strengths and overcoming weaknesses, handling stress and toxicity, increasing self-confidence, creating a personal vision
- Leading others: leading others to lead themselves, leading by applying influence, coaching and team leadership skills, communication and presentation skills, sustaining positive leadership practices
- Understanding and creating balance: linking balance to core values and decisions for action, balancing personal and professional roles, using teams to establish and sustain balance
- Enhancing essential leadership skills: tapping into your creativity and intuition, using influence and political skills wisely
- Transforming the organization: required elements for successful organizational change, managing the message, leading with awareness of your sources of power, leading superior execution
You will engage in two significant projects. One will address a specific leadership challenge you are facing at work. In the other, you will develop a personal vision of your leadership transformation.
You will receive personalized feedback from a coach prior to the course, and one-on-one follow-up support after you have returned to the workplace.
This highly interactive program includes case studies, group projects, experiential activities and lectures. You will receive individualized attention from the program instructors and will work closely with a small group of peers to maximize the learning experience.
Who should attend
Senior managers, directors and vice presidents with five to seven years of managerial experience, or others identified by their organizations as high-potential leaders.