Who should attend
Professionals who are pursuing a career in marketing, consulting, financial services, entrepreneurship, and other areas that require skills in bargaining, persuasion and influence, including
- All managers, from frontline to senior levels
- Sales and procurement Managers
- HR and IR practitioners
- Team and project leaders
About the course
An experiential approach to master the mindset and skills of pro negotiators
This course integrates experiential learning techniques with cutting-edge research and top negotiation cases to foster deep learning. Participants are guided through all key stages in the negotiation process to master the value-creating mindset and skills. Participants will identify their individual negotiation style and strength, and learn to adapt them across different situations.
- Foster deep learning through experiential learning techniques with cutting-edge research and top negotiation cases
- Master the value-creating mindset and skills
- Identify your individual negotiation style and strength, and learn to adapt them across different situations
- Adopt a scientific framework of negotiation: Apply a broadly applicable and rigorous negotiation framework to the specific negotiation contexts. Recognise negotiation phases, how to move a negotiation between phases and what needs to be done in each phase.
- Develop pro negotiation skills: Identify key negotiation strategies and tactics and know when to use one. Recognise and counter the other-party’s tactics. Overcome mind traps and common negotiation errors. Remain resourceful when high emotions are involved.
- Manage interpersonal dynamics and relationship: You will learn about what role relationships play to enable agreements and their implementation, and understand how to capitalize on increasingly complex interpersonal dynamics, such as negotiating teams and multi-party bargaining.
- Improve flexibility in the face of challenge and complexity: Uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity in negotiations frequently lead to impasses and deadlocks. You will learn how to solve seemingly impossible negotiation deadlocks using creative solutions such as third party interventions.
How you will learn
Over the duration of your course, you will participate in online learning and live workshops utilising a custom built platform for your learning. You will also take part in e-learning independently and with your peers to embed learning.
Virtual workshop sessions bring a real-time, social learning environment, where you can share and learn from your peers and your expert facilitator with a limit of 20 participants per course.
Jun is an Associate Professor of Organisational Behaviour in the Department of Management in Macquarie Business School. He received his Ph.D. in Organisational Behaviour and Human Resource Management from the Joseph L. Rotman School of Management in the University of Toronto, and his M.A. in Orga...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.