Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Managers with several years of professional experience in sales, marketing, or customer management.
About the course
Manage the main challenges that confront your company in sales management
Customer-centricity is a concept touted by many companies, yet difficult to implement in practice. ESMT’s Managing Sales program is designed to support sales leaders in this endeavor. You will be equipped with the latest methods and tools as well as learn from the successes and failures of other companies: from understanding customers’ wants to decoding their true needs; from gaining customers’ buy-in to aligning internal processes. Learn how to facilitate a more customer-centric sales team with clearly defined roles, tasks, and selling behavior. Develop new ideas to improve sales in your own organization, receive feedback from faculty and peers, and leave the program with a concrete action plan.
- Experiencing innovative approaches to customer-centric sales
- Being exposed to new frameworks, research insights, and best-practice examples
- Learning the benefits of clearly defined roles and selling behaviors
- Exchanging ideas with peers from different industries
- Understanding customer strategies: from collecting specifications to understanding needs
- Bringing digital offerings to market and selling complex service solutions
- Improving customer centricity and transforming sales management through digital technologies
- Managing change to build a customer-centric culture
- From collecting specifications to understanding needs
- Leading the sales force to sell value
- Selling complex solutions
- Bringing digital offerings to the market
- Improving customer centricity through digital technologies
- Building a customer-centric culture in your organization
Johannes Habel is an associate professor at ESMT Berlin. In his research and teaching, he focuses on sales and marketing strategies of so-called Hidden Champions, that is, highly successful SMEs with a low level of public awareness. Specifically, Johannes has cooperated with Hidden Champions in i...
Olaf Plötner is a professor at ESMT. He joined ESMT as one of the first faculty members and managing director of ESMT Customized Solutions GmbH in 2002. From 2011 to 2017, he was the dean of executive education at ESMT and developed the school to a top-ten institution in this field, based on the ...
Lei joined ESMT Berlin in 2017, and has been active as a Program Director for Executive Education since 2019. She gained her bachelor’s degree in Communication Science from Zhejiang University (China), and then went on to pursue a master’s at the University of Bremen (Germany), where she focused ...
Videos and materials
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.