Who should attend
- Department managers, line supervisors, team leaders or others in positions that require them to manage and document employee performance.
- HR professionals who want an overview of the implementation end of performance management will also benefit from attending.
About the course
Driving Results through People
This program delivers applied training in the concepts and skills of managing performance effectively. Explore techniques for planning, coaching and reviewing performance on an ongoing basis. Diagnose performance opportunities and problems, reinforce exemplary behaviour and motivate people to give their best. Create a work environment where people can grow and succeed, while achieving mission-critical results.
Benefits for you
- Set objectives to achieve both role-specific and professional development results
- Find an effective middle ground between micro-managing and being laissez-faire
- Properly assess and document employee performance
- Increase accountability, objectivity and a perception of fairness
- Manage the performance of high, solid and marginal employees
- Motivate people to go the extra mile for the team
- Performance management as a business strategy enabler
- Characteristics of an ideal performance management system, using the three phases of managing performance to drive business results
- Performance planning: setting role-related results and development objectives, communicating a "line of sight" so that people understand how their individual objectives connect to departmental and organizational objectives
- Ongoing coaching: preparing for coaching conversations, providing constructive feedback, observational and results-based coaching methods to build performance excellence
- Reviewing performance: performance evaluation techniques, balancing manager evaluation with self-evaluation, writing performance appraisal comments
- Dealing with challenging performance: identifying the root causes of poor performance, processes for performance discipline, establishing accountability and turning around unacceptable performance, avoiding problems through documentation
This hands-on program includes group discussions, case studies, individual activity-based development and small group exercises to deepen your insights and sharpen your performance management skills.
Amy has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology from the University of Liverpool and completed a Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management at the University of West London. She was awarded a distinction for her MSc in International Human Resource Management from Kingston University. He...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.