Who should attend
The program is designed to benefit the following key groups:
- Line managers
- Technical specialists
- Other professionals in private and public sector organizations, who want to enhance the performance of their people.
About the course
In today's complex business environment characterised by pervasive economic uncertainty, organisations are constantly seeking to develop and executive a winning strategy. Most forward-looking organisations, realising that distinctive human resources are critical in orchestrating a winning performance, now focus much more attention on aligning their human resource function with their strategic business objectives. Recent research suggests, however, that line managers remain a vital but often weak link in the alignment process, as they are ill-equipped to effectively manage the implementation of human resource aspects of business strategy.
This intensive three-day programme begins with an exploration of several fundamental aspects of managing and leading people. Participants will complete a Myers-Briggs (MBTI) assessment to understand their leadership types, and how to leverage their style to get results through others and make better managerial decisions. They will also gain an appreciation of key ethical issues in the employment relationship, and how to effectively handle them, among others.
Key Learning Objectives/ Benefits
- Gain practical concepts and frameworks that will help to align your people management practices with your firm’s competitive strategy.
- Understand how to implement change and drive business performance by achieving outstanding results through people.
Fundamentals of Strategic People Management
- Managing and Leading Oneself
- Understanding and Influencing Human Behaviour in Organisations
- Handling Ethical Challenges in People Management
- Dealing With Conflict High Performance Work Practices and Frameworks
- Aligning Individual Performance with Organisational Goals
- Conducting Effective Performance Evaluations
- Developing and Engaging Talent for Peak Performance
- Driving Performance through Compensation
Leadership and Strategic Impact
- Managing Workplace Conflicts and Negotiations
- Leading People through Culture Change
- Action Planning: Refining Your Management Style
Prior to his faculty appointment, Uche Attoh served on the Industrial Arbitration Panel, where, following a Federal appointment, he had for 8 years presided/participated in Tribunals constituted for the purpose of adjudicating over Trade Disputes and Labour-Management Conflict in accordance with ...
Dr Oparison is a senior fellow at Lagos Business School with over 25 years’ management and leadership experience in blue-chip multinational companies. Oparison obtained his master’s degree and Doctorate in Business Policy and Organisational Development from the University of Wales, Cardiff. He w...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.