Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
If you are an experienced administrative professional who needs to expand your management skills so you can better support your organization and enhance your contribution to your company and your career, this programme is for you. Some of the administrative positions that usually attend to this administrative management skills training course are:
- Experienced administrative professionals
- Executive secretaries
- Administrative assistants
- Secretaries or other members of the administrative support staff
About the course
As an Administrative Assistant you can enhance your performance with management and self-leadership skills. Get better at setting your own administrative priorities, improve your ability to communicate clearly and negotiate with colleagues, and learn to innovate in your role.
The support you provide as an administrative professional is vital to your organization’s ability to achieve its goals and objectives. Today, most senior managers expect you to have leadership and management skills in order to set your own administrative priorities. In addition, you must have skills to manage all contacts, create, store and retrieve documents, plus a broad variety of other administrative skills. To do all of this successfully, you need to have strategic insight and be able to be agile in your work. At the same time, you must be tactical, process-oriented, and driven toward continuous improvement.
Your immediate takeaway:
- Effectively manage changing responsibilities
- Communicate and negotiate with confidence
- Apply management and self-leadership skills to add greater value to your organization
This administrative assistant training course combines proven-by-practice methods with new insights and ideas that will grow your administrative skills. You will gain a wider perspective of self-leadership practice through breakout sessions, exercises, and case applications.
How will you benefit?
After participating in this programme, you will develop your administrative skills and competencies further and be able to:
- Manage changing roles and responsibilities whether working with bosses, peers, team members or customers
- Meet dynamic work expectations by expanding your proactive capabilities
- Clearly and confidently communicate and negotiate to manage conflicts and achieve results
- Apply emotional intelligence and effective listening practices to your job
- Use strategic diplomacy to handle office politics, difficult people and demanding situations
During this programme you will:
- Network and learn from a diverse group of peers from different functions, industries and countries
- Develop a personal action plan to implement back at work
- Learn and practice using real-world examples over 3 interactive days
What will you learn and practice?
Management Skills for Administrative Professionals is a 3-day hands-on training programme, highly interactive with exercises and role plays. The programme will be led by an experienced facilitator with former administrative and management experience in international companies.
- Applying skills and strategies to manage personal and professional change dynamics
- Bringing about change even when faced with resistance
- Applying a systematic approach to plan and engage others in the change process
- Managing roles, responsibilities, and authority to meet goals
- Identifying and supporting differing work style preferences using new skills and best practices
- Recognizing and proactively using critical thinking to support achievement of team-based goals
- Applying a spectrum of priority setting and time management strategies to proactively accomplish skills
- Incorporating emotional intelligence and effective listening to prepare to be an effective colleague, partner and leader
- Applying assertive communication using verbal and nonverbal behaviors
- Exhibiting confidence and influence using tested presentation models
- Analyzing conflict, office politics, and interactions with difficult people
- Defining the sources of conflict in the workplace
- Negotiating to empower yourself and others to achieve goals
Rajeev Aggarwal has 24 years of international corporate experience in various Leadership and Sales roles, which he combines with 11 years of successful experience in Management Development and Coaching . While working on senior management positions for MNCs like PepsiCo, Frito-Lay International, ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.