Who should attend
Experienced middle-level executives, managers and functional specialists across industries who are prospects for more senior leadership positions, or those looking to further enhance their leadership skills. Typical participants include, but are not limited to:
- Heads of departments
- Assistant/Associate Directors
- Senior Specialists
About the course
Management Development Programme @ Nanyang is designed to equip high-potential, middle level managers with general management capabilities, leadership skills and heightened self and team awareness to prepare them for senior leadership positions in their organisations. The programme comprises two core pillars - Business and People.
The Business Pillar exposes participants to the broader business context and key functional areas (strategy, marketing, finance and operations). Participants will develop an integrative perspective of a senior generalist and will have a better understanding of how cross-functional dynamics affects decision-making and organisational performance.
As managers develop in their careers, they need to complement their existing specialist and functional skills with the ability to lead, coach, motivate, and integrate the efforts of others. The People Pillar is designed to empower participants with a better awareness of themselves and their team members in order to lead and manage teams more effectively to achieve greater synergy and performance.
The programme will help participants develop an integrative view of general management, sharpen their business accumen and hone their leadership and communication skills. Here are some key takeaways:
- Develop a strategic and innovation mind-set to drive organisational transformation and growth
- Learn to see the “big picture” and develop a deeper understanding of cross-functional dynamics to make better decisions
- Be armed with practical problem solving skills, tools and frameworks for various functional areas (marketing, finance, operations and human resources)
- Get to know yourself and your team members better in order to empower and align teams around strategic goals
- Lead, coach, and motivate co-workers to achieve greater work efficiency and breakthrough in team performance
- Interact, network and share real-world insights with multidisciplinary knowledge experts and other talented participants in class
Business Pillar (5 Days)
- Strategy Formulation & Implementation
- Strategic Marketing
- Business Finance & Value Creation
- Operations Management
- Technology & Business Model Innovation
- Self & Organisational Behaviour
- Powering up Team Performance
- Communication Management Strategies
Capstone Simulation Module (1 Day)
An interactive group-based competition where participants apply the concepts learned in the Business and People Pillars
- Participants may choose to stagger the programme by enrolling in the Business Pillar in one cohort and the People Pillar in another. They are given one year to complete the programme.
- Registration for the Business Simulation Module is only open to participants who have completed both the Business and People Pillars.
Prof Low is the Associate Dean at the Nanyang Business School. He is a Certified Public Accountant (Singapore) and a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) by profession. He holds a Bachelor of Accountancy (Honours) from the National University of Singapore, a MBA (Dean list) from the University of To...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.