Who should attend
Experienced middle-level executives, managers and functional specialists across industries who are prospects for more senior leadership positions, or those looking to further enhance their leadership skills. Typical participants include, but are not limited to:
- Heads of departments
- Assistant/Associate Directors
- Senior Specialists
About the course
Management Development Programme @ Nanyang is designed to equip high-potential, middle level managers with general management capabilities, leadership skills and heightened self and team awareness to prepare them for senior leadership positions in their organisations. The intensive nine-day programme comprises three core pillars – Strategy, Business and People.
The Strategy pillar will provide executives with tools and frameworks to better understand key dynamics affecting organisational performance and help them think more strategically to formulate and execute better strategies. Participants will also be encouraged to view their role in the context of corporate strategy and growth goals, so that they can better align their own daily priorities with the strategic goals and mission of the organisation.
The Business pillar will equip executives with essential management skills and concepts of key business functions, while providing an overview of disruptive technology (e.g. AI, blockchain) on today's business models. They will gain a better understanding of the business model canvas and cultivate an innovative mindset to drive sustainable growth and profitability.
The People pillar is designed to help executives increase their self and team awareness, so that they can build and inspire high performing team to achieve superior results. As managers advance in their career, they need to complement their functional skills with the ability to coach and integrate the efforts of others. They will also need to develop leadership competencies to motivate team members to embrace and support organisational change.
The programme will help participants develop an integrative view of general management, sharpen their business accumen and hone their leadership and communication skills. Here are some key takeaways:
- Develop a strategic and innovation mind-set to drive organisational transformation and growth
- Learn to see the “big picture” and develop a deeper understanding of cross-functional dynamics to make better decisions
- Be armed with practical problem solving skills, tools and frameworks for various functional areas (marketing, finance, operations and human resources)
- Get to know yourself and your team members better in order to empower and align teams around strategic goals
- Lead, coach, and motivate co-workers to achieve greater work efficiency and breakthrough in team performance
- Interact, network and share real-world insights with multidisciplinary knowledge experts and other talented participants in class
Business Pillar (5 Days)
- Strategy Formulation & Implementation
- Strategic Marketing
- Business Finance & Value Creation
- Operations Management
- Technology & Business Model Innovation
- Self & Organisational Behaviour
- Powering up Team Performance
- Communication Management Strategies
Capstone Simulation Module (1 Day)
An interactive group-based competition where participants apply the concepts learned in the Business and People Pillars
- Participants may choose to stagger the programme by enrolling in the Business Pillar in one cohort and the People Pillar in another. They are given one year to complete the programme.
- Registration for the Business Simulation Module is only open to participants who have completed both the Business and People Pillars.
Prof Low is the Associate Dean at the Nanyang Business School. He is a Certified Public Accountant (Singapore) and a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) by profession. He holds a Bachelor of Accountancy (Honours) from the National University of Singapore, a MBA (Dean list) from the University of To...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.