Management Acceleration Programme
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with INSEAD Business School.Full disclaimer.
Move into management. Become a leader
If you have already spent some years working as a high-performing functional expert and are ready to move forward in your career, then the Management Acceleration Programme is for you. This programme helps you to expand your business expertise, strengthen your knowledge and skill sets, and gives you the confidence you need to take that next step.
The Management Acceleration Programme equips you with the relevant perspectives and skills to work effectively across functions and cultures. It will reinforce your ability to both lead and follow in today’s constantly changing, high-pressure and volatile business world.
HOW YOU BENEFIT
- More competent as a manager. Become a more competent and confident manager with new insights, knowledge and skills.
- Lead effectively and responsibly. Enhance your ability to lead mindfully, effectively and responsibly with or without formal authority.
- Creating long-term value. Stay more focused on creating value and grounded in long-term purpose.
- Part of a strong international network. Join a community of international high-potentials that will support you long after the programme is over.
- Ongoing personal and professional development. Develop clear aims and plans for your ongoing personal and professional development.
The Management Acceleration Programme curriculum is designed to serve three aims: strengthening your leadership foundations; sharpening your strategic insight; and broadening your business expertise. It provides you with the perspectives and tools to understand and to manage all aspects of a business in such a way as to create value. Content-driven session streams alternate with experiential opportunities designed to make the learning personal and integrate it into a coherent, actionable whole. Furthermore, our optional follow-up virtual coaching sessions maximise participants’ ongoing learning and development in the months following their return to the workplace – thereby leveraging their own and their organisations’ investment in the programme.
Examine how, why, and on whose behalf you lead in your work. Acquire the skills to lead and work within diverse teams and across functions and cultures. Topics covered include:
- Developing your own and others' leadership talent
- Giving and receiving effective feedback
- Understanding, motivating and communicating within teams
- Exercising influence without formal authority
- Harnessing organisational culture and managing across cultures
- Leading organisational change.
Grasp the essence of strategic analysis, including how to compete as a single company within a single industry and how to build and manage a portfolio of businesses. Topics covered include:
- Analysis by industry, market and competition
- Developing and sustaining competitive advantage
- Changing the rules of the game – Blue Ocean Strategy
- Strategic resources and alliances
- Corporate expansion, mergers and acquisitions.
Embark on a learning journey through all parts of a business that create, capture and deliver value. Gain a broad perspective on business and of each fundamental area. Topics covered include:
- The key types of financial statements and their use for strategic decision-making
- Management accounting systems and the tools to identify relevant information
- Making structured marketing decisions in situations that initially seem totally unstructured
- The challenges to value creation in a supply network and co-ordinating initiatives for value capture.
The Management Acceleration Programme includes a variety of learning methodologies:
- Interactive lectures to grasp the latest thinking and foundational concepts
- Case discussions based on real-life business dilemmas
- Work in diverse teams that provide perspectives different than your own
- Experiential activities to practise and examine your leadership in conditions of uncertainty
- Feedback from our faculty members, classmates and colleagues at work through a 360° instrument
- Group consulting and personal coaching to assist your learning, reflection and future planning
- Simulations to integrate your knowledge and skills in a competitive yet low-risk environment.
Please note that the Management Acceleration Programme runs across three consecutive weeks and does include some evenings and weekends work. Many of the experiential leadership activities will take place during the course of the first weekend of the programme. This is an integral part of the learning and will involve individual and group work. Therefore full participation is required by all those attending the programme.
Who should attend
The Management Acceleration Programme is designed for individual contributors who aspire to – or have recently gained – management responsibilities. The programme also welcomes functional experts whose success depends on understanding the business as a whole and individuals with potential for future senior management roles.