Making Successful Investment Decisions: Module 2 of the Finance for Non-Financial Managers
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management.Full disclaimer.
Understand, analyse and appreciate the value created by a project deploying the maximum amount of available information, regarding the investments to be made.
- Accounting for the time value of money
- Understand the basis of valuation of financial assets, projects and companies
- Understanding investment decision rules and criteria (payback, internal rate of return, net present value etc.)
- Understanding and avoiding traditional investment decision mistakes
- Selecting among different financing proposals: how best to use investment decision rules and criteria
- Choosing among different project opportunities when faced with constraints on financial resources
- Understanding what your minimum return should be, either for your company projects or personal investment.
Who should attend
This programme is designed for professionals of various types (top management, heads of SMEs and micro-businesses, managers and employees) from all sectors of the economy. It will enable you to improve your understanding of the impact your decisions will have on the financial health of your professional activity, project or company, and simultaneously raise your efficiency as a manager.
Key admissions criteria
- A university-level diploma or equivalent professional experience
- Proof of motivation and a professional need to take the programme
- English proficiency (language certificate or proof of studies/work experience in English)
- Master the basics of Excel