Who should attend
This programme is designed for professionals of various types (top management, heads of SMEs and micro-businesses, managers and employees) from all sectors of the economy. It will enable you to improve your understanding of the impact your decisions will have on the financial health of your professional activity, project or company, and simultaneously raise your efficiency as a manager.
Key admissions criteria
- A university-level diploma or equivalent professional experience
- Proof of motivation and a professional need to take the programme
- English proficiency (language certificate or proof of studies/work experience in English)
- Master the basics of Excel
About the course
Understand, analyse and appreciate the value created by a project deploying the maximum amount of available information, regarding the investments to be made.
- Accounting for the time value of money
- Understand the basis of valuation of financial assets, projects and companies
- Understanding investment decision rules and criteria (payback, internal rate of return, net present value etc.)
- Understanding and avoiding traditional investment decision mistakes
- Selecting among different financing proposals: how best to use investment decision rules and criteria
- Choosing among different project opportunities when faced with constraints on financial resources
- Understanding what your minimum return should be, either for your company projects or personal investment.
Mathias Schmit has a PhD in Finance from the Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management (Brussels), where he is a Professor of Finance and conducts research into banking and microfinance at the Centre Emile Bernheim (a Solvay Brussels School Research Centre). He is regularly invited at IN...
Prof. Carlos Desmet teaches the MBA course in Business Ethics and Compliance Management at BSL. He founded in 2014 an international consultancy firm dedicated to Business Ethics and Compliance Management. He is also convinced that education of emerging leaders is key in that area and teaches main...
Laurent started his career as Consultant with McKinsey & Company Benelux where he was involved in strategic, operational and organizational projects across various industry sectors. He took a leading role in some of the firm’s major assignments in South Africa (heavy industry) and the Middle ...
Jean-Philippe Michaux is currently the CFO (Group Director of Finance, ICT & Legal affairs) at Puratos Group. He previously held the positions of Group Controller and Group Internal Audit Director within the same company. Prior to this, he was Senior Manager at PricewaterhouseCoopers, special...
TEACHING POSITIONS Finance Lecturer, Bachelor in Business Engineering, Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management, Université Libre de Bruxelles (since September 2016). Professor in the Online Executive Master in Management, Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management (ULB) wit...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.