Who should attend
RSM’s Make Strategy Work programme is for managers who:
- have five to ten years of experience in people management
- are responsible for teams, organisations and businesses
- need to refresh or upgrade their capabilities in the area of strategy formulation and implementation.
You will also benefit from the programme if you expect to move into more senior positions where strategic thinking will be in increasing demand to tackle challenging leadership issues.
About the course
To build a future-proof organisation, you must have strategic knowledge to make the right decisions. Learn how to help lead your organisations with renewed strategic leadership skills, insights and tools for strategic decision-making in the high-impact, three-day Make Strategy Work programme at RSM.
In the most effective organisations, strategy is understood and implemented by people at every level and in every department. Discover how this works and how you can make your strategy work during this programme by RSM Executive Education. Taught by Prof. Justin Jansen and Dr Tom Mom, experienced executive education teachers in this area, you will experience the influence of critical organisational factors, and gain insights, tools and techniques that you can put into practice immediately.
During the programme, you will:
- boost your knowledge of strategy formulation and implementation
- understand your role in making strategy work for your organisation
- discover the internal and external factors which influence strategic decision-making
- learn what strategy and strategic leadership is, and what it isn’t
- acquire tools to adapt company-level strategy to your own department level
- learn to communicate strategy in a meaningful and relevant way to your employees
- understand when to amend and change strategy in the light of changing circumstances.
Your organisation will:
- benefit from the applications of your learnings on current projects
- leverage the interactions and insights acquired in the workshop
- access your advanced management and leadership skills to realise its objectives.
Patrick Reinmoeller, PhD, is Professor of Strategic Management at Cranfield School of Management, UK and a Core Member of the China Research Centre and a Visiting Professor at Erasmus University in the Netherlands. His research on strategy and innovation within MNEs with an emphasis on capabiliti...
Professor of Corporate Entrepreneurship Department of Strategic Management and Entrepreneurship Rotterdam School of Management (RSM) Erasmus University Rotterdam Centres of Expertise Entrepreneurship Sustainable RSM ERIM Membership(s) Fellow ERIM (since 2001) ERIM Profile SSRN Profile Google Sc...
Magdalena Cholakova is an Associate Professor of Strategy & Entrepreneurship in the Department of Strategic Management & Entrepreneurship at the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University. The research lines she is currently pursuing include: Entrepreneurial learning and early-...
Tom J.M. Mom is a professor of Strategic Growth and Implementation in the department of Strategic Management & Entrepreneurship of RSM Erasmus University Rotterdam and was a visiting scholar at the University of Geneva at the chair for Strategic Management. He is also the academic director of...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.