Who should attend
Business leaders who drive customer-oriented marketing and/or sales strategy, customer relationships, marketing operations, or product marketing functions within business to consumer companies (B2C).
About the course
Big data is transforming 21st century business. Marketing and sales professionals face a growing amount of data from a dizzying array of internal and external sources. Think of social media, 3rd party websites, communities of interest, sales force automation, channel and distribution systems, climatology, customer relationships management systems, GPS positioning, and RFID product tagging. The nature of data is changing too, exposing sales and marketing trends in far more unexpected and granular levels. Savvy data analytics enable businesses to deliver more value to customers, which increases wallet share and customer loyalty, and in turn, leads to higher customer lifetime value to the firm. How can market-oriented professionals discern meaning from the numbers, before making big investments or hiring the “experts”?
This one-day program shows how to capitalize on big data with a simplified, lean approach to achieve and maintain market share. Based on critical business thinking, this program guides participants in how to develop and oversee a big data analytics strategy within their firms. The course addresses the core challenges of using data analytics to transform customer marketing strategies and tactics, as well as the significant organizational change required. Through class discussion and case studies, participants will receive clear guidelines on getting the benefits from a big data investment to leverage marketing analytics to improve strategy and customer relationship management.
- Why expensive, “Big Bang” data analytic investments don’t work
- Building a data-driven analytics organization
- Data methods of inquiry to generate compelling insights about customer behavior and buying patterns
- Organizational dynamics
Program Learning Benefits & Outcomes
Marketing-oriented leaders will learn how to:
- Quickly turn virtually any strategic data source into a platform for rigorous inquiry by thinking lean
- Construct sophisticated business analytical inquiries from a business-oriented, business hypothesis research-driven frame of reference
- Know how to correctly position big data business research outcomes to drive strategic decisions
- Build a data-driven organization prepared to act with a customer marketing analytics team in place that is either collocated, embedded, or with dotted-lines of matrix authority
- Assess whether other groups in the organization are going to be successful delivering analytical insights - and to offer mid-course correction when IT or data research teams get off-track
Lori D. Kendall, PhD , is an Operating Partner at Morgan Hill Partners and a Distinguished Fellow, Fowler Center, Case Western Reserve University. Lori is responsible for driving growth for venture and private equity-based firms at Morgan Hill Partners, and has 20+ years of experience leading tec...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.