Leading With Purpose
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Thayer Leader Development Group at West Point.Full disclaimer.
Every leader has a purpose, and when they discover it, they ignite a fire to be the best leader possible.
Identifying and fulfilling your leadership purpose requires aligning your choices, behaviors, and values. Brigadier General (Ret.) Becky One of two dynamic courses based on the book 24/7: The First Person You Must Lead Is You and developed by Brigadier General (retired) Rebecca “Becky” Halstead, Leading with Purposeis built on the foundation of a leader’s values being aligned with their leadership behaviors. This course takes a strategic perspective of defining one’s leadership purpose and understanding how their leadership legacy will impact those they lead. Throughout the course, leaders explore the personal principles that guide their decision making and, ultimately, effectiveness as a leader.
Through personal stories about her time serving as a leader during the war in Iraq; leading one of the world’s largest supply chains for the US Army; and interacting with soldiers, Brigadier General (Ret.) Becky Halstead illustrates that every leader has a purpose, and when they discover it, they ignite a fire to become the best leader possible. BG Halstead demonstrates how leadership requires recognizing the value of people and relationships, and the lasting impact you make as a leader on those you lead.
In this course, you will have the opportunity to:
- Encourage diversity of thought and experiences to improve decision making and strengthen teams
- Communicate effectively to connect & build relationships
- Leave a legacy by being significant in the lives of those you lead
The course is designed as a 5-day or 3-hour learning journey – equivalent to a half-day short workshop – with self-paced work, group discussions and daily collaboration.
- Participants work on their own, self-paced time, equivalent to 30 minutes per day
- Cohorts pace together to optimize collaboration and experiential learning from others
- Organizations can send a homogenous group of leaders through the experience together as a cohort
- Open Enrollments offer the opportunity to learn from leaders in different industries and organizations