Who should attend
This two-day intensive course offers a unique opportunity for mid- and senior-level managers from government, as well as from the private and non-profit sectors, to gain an in-depth understanding of core leadership challenges and strategies. Participants will learn and develop their professional frameworks in areas of negotiation, conflict management, strategic communication, critical decision making, and the measurement of social impact.
The program will enhance participants’ ability to appreciate the complexity of managing large-scale organizations and events, not only from an operational viewpoint, but also from a policy and strategic perspective.
About the course
“Leading with Impact” equips you with the tools to prepare for, adapt to, and manage such complex challenges, and to inspire others to act. This certification program offers practical frameworks for dealing with a wide range of topics for operating in diverse environments, and how to integrate tools of strategic communication, crisis management, political strategy, conflict mitigation, and collaboration. The two-day program brings together these interdisciplinary topics and leaves participants with new expertise they can deploy immediately for increased organizational impact.
Areas of concentration:
Cross-Sector Collaboration - Develop effective multi-organization parterships across sectors through interactive exercises to evaluate collaborative impact.
Crisis Leadership - Examine human performance in a crisis and how leaders inspire others to adapt to extreme events in a network world.
Effective Negotiations - Improve negotiation skills by learning and practicing a five-point negotiation framework that turns emotional obstacles into assets.
Strategic Communications - Identify core messages to communicate to various audiences and practice delivering them in challenging circumstances.
Policy Influencing - Learn how to influence policy discussions and decision makers in complex conditions.
- Earn a Columbia University awarded Certification of Participation.
- Participate in customized education from expert faculty.
- Advance concepts and practices on innovative and blended finance, including a personalized impact measurement strategy framework.
- Implement strategies for managing difficult challenges.
- Set conditions for cross-sector collaboration and coordination.
- Refine professional and interpersonal management skills.
- Acquire better self-awareness and responsiveness to others through simulations.
- Improve the ability to make critical decisions under stressful conditions.
- Observe and develop one’s communication and negotiation styles.
- Develop a lasting network of leaders from around the world.
- Access a large collection of faculty-selected readings on key leadership development topics.
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.