Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
You are seeking to influence and embed sustainability at the center of your organizational purpose. You need sustainability tools, frameworks, language and capabilities to drive this change.
Ideally you are a leader with P&L responsibilities or lead a function such as marketing, finance, investor relations, operations, supply chain, legal, strategy, sustainability etc.
About the course
- Deep dive into the sustainability landscape, learn from top-ranked global sustainability companies, identify risks and opportunities
- Understand ESG and sustainability best practices and how to apply these to drive organizational change
- Work on your own sustainability challenge and apply learnings throughout program
- Future-proof your organization, transitioning to sustainable and scalable business models that build competitive advantage and deliver superior financial results
- Leave with your own roadmap for sustainable business transformation ready to action back in the organization
How to build your sustainability roadmap
Sustainability is now a business imperative. But how do you effectively evolve from knowing to doing, empowering you to capitalize on new opportunity?
Leading Sustainable Business Transformation addresses this knowing-doing dilemma, providing you with a complete business transformation journey through the lens of sustainability. The program takes you from the why to the how of sustainability enabling you to build smart, sustainable business models that will future-proof your organization and benefit society.
You will work on your own sustainability challenge and leave with a clear roadmap for sustainable business transformation, combined with a rich community of committed peers to support you, a renewed sense of purpose and deep know-how.
Your sustainability journey
You will learn from cutting-edge research, real-world examples, discovery visits, themed masterclasses with expert practitioners, class discussions, case studies, frameworks and the sustainability signals™ toolkit, on opportunities to drive your own sustainable business transformation. You will receive business and leadership coaching to support your journey and deepen the impact of your learnings.
You will work on your sustainability challenge throughout the program journey. Learn from cutting-edge research, real-world examples, discovery visits, themed master-classes with expert practitioners, class discussions, case studies, frameworks and the sustainability signals tm toolkit, on opportunities to drive your own sustainable business transformation.
- 3 days liVe virtual
- 5 weeks online
- 3 days on campus
Create a sustainability vision
- Gain deep insight from top ranked sustainability companies
- Get inspired by online discovery expeditions to global sustainability champions
- Harness key sustainability and ESG trends
- Embed sustainability into strategy
- Identify sustainable business models & social benefits
Enable courageous dialogue
- Build leadership capabilities to effectively communicate your vision
- Embed leadership concepts into courageous dialogues
- Transform mindsets at CXO, top management and functional team levels
Drive organizational change
- Connect dots to make change happen
- Develop organizational design: measurement, rewards, processes & capabilities
- Build alliances, partnerships & ecosystems
- Change tactics
James Henderson is Professor of Strategic Management at IMD. Prior to joining IMD, he was an Associate Professor of Strategic Management at Babson College and Babson School of Executive Education, based in Boston, MA. His areas of special interest are: Strategy under uncertainty Competitive s...
Knut Haanaes is a Professor of Strategy and International Management at IMD. His research interests are related to both strategy and sustainability. In the area of strategy he focuses on strategy styles, the exploration versus exploitation tradeoff and business models. In sustainability he exami...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.