About the course
Developed by Colonel (retired) Tom Magness, one of the popular and dynamic faculty members at TLDG, Leading High-Performing Teams provides an exceptional opportunity for leaders in charge of teams to learn how to achieve critical business objectives by maximizing their team’s success. Ineffective team leadership can cost companies hundreds of millions of dollars in lost revenue, missed opportunities, preventable waste, and poor personnel decisions. The course weaves in successful U.S. Army leadership and teambuilding principles and tools that can be applied to any organization, such as: Leader’s Intent, Back Brief, Situational Awareness, and the After-Action-Review.
In this course, you will have the opportunity to:
- Discover methods to plan and secure team buy-in for an ambitious vision
- Learn and apply a 4-stage framework (Plan, Prepare, Execute, Learn) – used extensively by the U. S. Army to drive successful operations – to guide your team to higher performance levels
- Understand how to develop synergy and why empowerment leads to improved performance
- Learn how to conduct After-Action-Reviews (AARs) to support team learning
The course is designed as a 5-day or 3-hour learning journey – equivalent to a half-day short workshop – with self-paced work, group discussions and daily collaboration.
- Participants work on their own, self-paced time, equivalent to 30 minutes per day
- Cohorts pace together to optimize collaboration and experiential learning from others
- Organizations can send a homogenous group of leaders through the experience together as a cohort
- Open Enrollments offer the opportunity to learn from leaders in different industries and organizations
Expertise: Practical, “Muddy-boots” Leadership; Leader Development, Developing and Communicating a Shared Vision, Strategic Planning Experience: Tom Magness has over 26 years of practical leadership experience both in traditional military units and ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.