This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Leading with Character and Competence is one of two dynamic courses developed by Brigadier General (retired) Rebecca "Becky" Halstead, one of the respected and dynamic faculty members at TLDG. Based on her book 24/7: The First Person You Must Lead Is You, this course asks leaders to be introspective, to identify their values and consider how, or if, their behaviors as a leader reflect their values. This course helps leaders understand and develop a leadership philosophy to guide themselves as well as communicate their leadership expectations and commitment to their teams.
This course will introduce you to the concept of values-based leadership, leading with a focus on the human-dimension, and will validate the leadership philosophy that a “better me is a better we.” When leaders focus on their own development — 24 hours every day, 7 days every week — their actions will result in high performing teams achieving their best. The first step to becoming a better leader? Embracing the idea that the first person you must lead is you.
In this course, you will have the opportunity to:
- Explore the personal leadership principles that guide your decision making and, ultimately, effectiveness as a leader
- Draw on you own, and each other’s experiences, to assemble a toolkit of leadership practices that work
- Appreciate importance of leading for betterment of others
The course is designed as a 5-day or 3-hour learning journey – equivalent to a half-day short workshop – with self-paced work, group discussions and daily collaboration.
- Participants work on their own, self-paced time, equivalent to 30 minutes per day
- Cohorts pace together to optimize collaboration and experiential learning from others
- Organizations can send a homogenous group of leaders through the experience together as a cohort
- Open Enrollments offer the opportunity to learn from leaders in different industries and organizations
Trust the experts
Expertise: Practical, “Muddy-boots” Leadership; Leader Development, Developing and Communicating a Shared Vision, Strategic Planning Experience: Tom Magness has over 26 years of practical leadership experience both in traditional military units and...
TLDG Launches "TLDG Online" Course with COL Tom Magness