Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
About the course
This high-energy session is designed to make creativity and innovation practical and accessible. Creativity and innovation are really about making positive change. Outside of new products and services, there are endless opportunities to change how we work every day in every area of the organization. In this seminar you will learn about leadership behaviors that support creativity and innovation, how to enhance your personal creativity, creativity tools, and how to embrace the role of learning and failure. Join Dr. Todd Dewett for this memorable day of discussion, activities, and breakthrough thinking sure to ignite your career.
## Time Allocation - Topics
20% DIFFERENTIATING CREATIVITY, INNOVATION, AND CHANGE
- Parsing the complementary definitions
- Understanding the creativity paradox
- Developing a real competitive advantage
20% LEADING TO SUPPORT CREATIVE THOUGHT
- Understanding the power of words (activity)
- Using incentives and goals
- Modeling the way towards creativity and innovation
20% ENHANCING YOUR PERSONAL CREATIVITY
- Revisiting the inner child (activity)
- Breaking unproductive routines
- Adoption creativity-enhancing behaviors
20% USING CREATIVITY TOOLS
- Understanding the cognitive reality of creativity
- Practicing several popular creativity tools (activity)
20% EMBRACING THE ROLE OF LEARNING AND FAILURE
- Admitting the vital role of failure (activity)
- Crafting a path towards rapid learning
- Publicly embracing your authentic human self
Primary -- LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT: Adaptability, Communication, Developmental Perspective, Interpersonal Relations
Secondary -- PLANNING/ORGANIZING: Problem Identification, Analysis, Evaluating Alternative Solutions
Tertiary -- EXECUTING/CONTROLLING/EVALUATING: Use of Authority, Delegation, Coordination
Dr. Dewett is one of the world’s most followed leadership personalities. He is an expert on authenticity, a best selling author at LinkedIn Learning and Lynda.com, a TEDx speaker, and an Inc. Magazine Top 100 leadership speaker. Todd is a former award-winning professor whose speaking clients incl...