Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Experienced practitioners or consultants in change management, organizational development, organizational effectiveness or talent development who wish to develop their ability to apply design methods in organizational change.
About the course
Design thinking offers the potential to create an agile, human-centered approach to the continuous change that most of us now face in our organizations. But leading change through design thinking depends on having the right set of methods and frameworks to help guide you along the way. This course will introduce you to those design methods and frameworks, including how to lead a discovery process to better empathize with those who will be impacted by a change, how to lead idea generation to avoid narrowly-framed solutions, and how to implement change through a “test to learn” approach that allows for iteration and feedback. As a participant in this course, you’ll walk away with new tools and methods to more effectively lead change in environments requiring agility.
What Questions Will We Answer
- What are the fundamental elements of human centered design process and practice?
- How do we apply design practices to lead organizational change efforts? How is this different than applying design practices to create products or services?
- What are the challenges in adapting design practices for organizational change? How do I get my organization to embrace this approach? How might we use design methods to approach that change?
Benefits and Outcomes
- Practice the elements of human centered design in a simulation.
- Develop a playbook to apply design methods in your own organization.
- Identify and plan for the changes required to adapt design methods in your organization.
Over the last decade, Ryan has researched, taught, and published in the areas of learning and new executives, decision-making, innovation, and organizational learning. He is the author of Organizational Learning and Performance: The Science and Practice of Building a Learning Culture (Oxford Univ...
Maggie Lewis is a member of the leadership team at Palantir.net , a digital consultancy, and a graduate of the MS Learning & Organizational Program at Northwestern University. Combining theory and practice, Maggie employs principles of design thinking, learning and strategic change to increas...
Read more about Digital Transformation
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.