Darden School of Business
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
This program is designed for corporate aviation function executives, managers and site managers who are facing a changing environment and need to enhance their skills in anticipating, planning, organizing and leading change efforts and initiatives. All participants must have completed one of the following courses before enrolling in this course: Managing the Corporate Aviation Function or Developing Leadership Capability in the Corporate Aviation Function .
About the course
Corporate Aviation managers and executives deal with constant change on many levels due to updated regulations, new corporate procedures, personnel turnover, etc. Learn to identify the opportunities to initiate and lead successful change efforts within your organization by building a strong, fluid team whose members are able to adjust their own habits and behaviors while supporting the company's evolving needs. Managing the Corporate Aviation Function and Developing Leadership Capability in the Corporate Aviation Function are prerequisites for attending this program.
At a Glance
For corporate aviation function managers and executives who want to enrich their ability to understand, plan and lead change, Leading Change in the Corporate Aviation Function will help you identify and understand the current change models in use, the sources for resistance to change and the phases of the change process. You'll put your knowledge and skills to the test in a day-long, intensive change management simulation that will uncover your assumptions about managing change and provide opportunities for improvement.
Where You'll Excel
- Learn the principles of planning, organizing and implementing a successful change initiative.
- Gain deeper insight into your own change leadership skills.
- Anticipate hurdles to change and know how to overcome them.
- Learn how to build buy-in for a change strategy with your team/organization.
- Current Models of Change
- Changing Individuals
- Building Flexible Teams
- Transforming Organizations
- Managing Organizational Change (Simulation)
- Planning Your Next Change Initiative
- How to Follow-Up
You'll leave Leading Change in the Corporate Aviation Function with:
- The ability to identify the best opportunities to implement successful change strategies
- The stages necessary in a change process
- Preliminary plans for personal, team or organizational change
- Deeper understanding of how to translate your vision, mission and goals into action
- Significant progress toward becoming a "change master"
Education: B.S., Tufts University ; Ed.M., Harvard University; MBA, D.B.A., Boston University Associate Professor Isabella teaches courses in organizational behavior, leadership and change, and team interaction at the University of Virginia Darden School''s MBA, Global Executive MBA, MBA for Exe...