Comprehensive course analysis
- What do past participants have to say about the course?
- How many participants were promoted within three years after graduation?
- How did this course affect participants' professional trajectories?
- How many participants got their salary increased within two years after completing the program?
- What do past participants have to say about the course?
Who should attend
The 'Leadership Transition Programme' will be perfect for you if:
- You are a team leader, project leader, business unit manager, small business owner...
- You’ve moved into a leadership role – or you’re working towards gaining one.
Recent job titles include: manager, coordinator, marketing manager, R&D manager...
- You are looking to build on your management skills and learn how you can really make an impact on your team.
- You are looking for individual coaching and support in your (new) role
About the course
Growing into a management role is an exciting and challenging time in anyone’s career. But all too often, managers are given little insight into how to best motivate a team, or even how to develop their own management skills. This programme helps all managers – with some first experience in this role – to recognise the impact their behaviour has on others, and to develop and strengthen the skills and approaches that are vital to their teams’ success.
Why This Programme?
What is the added value of following the 'Leadership Transition Programme'?
- Work on both your personal effectiveness and your people management skills
- Bring new insight and skills to your role with the help of your coach
- Build a professional network of people facing similar challenges and opportunities
We support you as you grow in your leadership role. The programme combines our two short-focused programmes: Self-Leadership and The People Manager, giving you opportunities to better manage yourself and others. This is backed up with expert coaching, so that you’re not on your own once the course has finished. You’ll learn how to channel new skills and insights into your new and future roles – so return on investment is guaranteed.
The programme has three key components:
- Managing yourself: effective management skills
- Managing others: key people management skills
- Connecting the dots: coaching and action plan
Managing yourself: Self-Leadership - 2 days
The highly interactive nature of this programme allows participants to reflect and act upon their learnings. All diagnostic tools, case studies and role plays which form the foundation of this programme are based on research by Vlerick faculty. By the end of the programme, you’ll have the skills and approaches to show more effective behaviour and get to better results. You’ll have a better understanding of your own strengths and weaknesses – and what the impact of your actions is on others. You’ll be ready to manage yourself in a smarter way.
- Module 1: Your personal effectiveness
- Module 2: Your impact on others
Managing others: The People Manager - 4 days
This programme tackles 4 main roles that a people manager must master. Always based on research, the content is made eminently practical via case studies, role plays, and examples. The tools and models shared by faculty are directly applicable in your company. In addition to learning from our faculty, you can gain inspiration from your fellow participants by sharing ideas and experiences.
- Module 1: The People Manager as manager of the inflow
- Module 2: The People Manager as a career manager
- Module 3: The People Manager as a communicator and coach
- Module 4: The People Manager as a motivator and performance manager
Individual coaching & action plan
Coaching helps you to get even more out of your learning – and more out of yourself. Throughout the programme, you’ll get two two-hour coaching sessions with a Vlerick coach. Working together, you and your coach will set goals and find the best opportunities to bring your learning to your own organization.
Dirk is an authority on strategic HR and can bring out the best in you and your organisation when it comes to people management, career management and organisational development. Dirk has carried out numerous teaching and advisory tasks for organisations such as the Ministry of the Flemish Commun...
Katleen is an Associate Professor in Leadership and Coaching at Vlerick Business School. She is also the head of a centre that specializes in monitoring leadership trends and the development of innovative leadership & coaching tools. Her specific areas of expertise include inclusive leadershi...
Koen obtained his Master’s degree in Organizational Psychology and his PhD in Applied Economics at Ghent University. He has been an ICM Doctoral Fellow and was visiting PhD student at the Weatherhead School of Management, Case Western Reserve University. Currently, he is partner and professor of ...
As an HR expert with extensive practical experience, Veroniek advises organisations in their HR development processes. Her research interests relate to employee engagement and motivation, team management and self management.Increasing employee engagement, motivation and performance is the aim of ...
Karlien focusses on how we, as individuals, can impact the working processes and the performance of organisations.Karlien Vanderheyden studies the social intelligence of people and how individuals can enhance the performance of organisations through their own behaviour and the interaction with ot...
Videos and materials
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.