Leadership Transition Programme
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Vlerick Business School Executive Education.Full disclaimer.
Growing into a management role is an exciting and challenging time in anyone’s career. But all too often, managers are given little insight into how to best motivate a team, or even how to develop their own management skills. This programme helps all managers – with some first experience in this role – to recognise the impact their behaviour has on others, and to develop and strengthen the skills and approaches that are vital to their teams’ success.
WHY THIS PROGRAMME?
What is the added value of following the 'Leadership Transition Programme'?
- Work on both your personal effectiveness and your people management skills
- Bring new insight and skills to your role with the help of your coach
- Build a professional network of people facing similar challenges and opportunities
We support you as you grow in your leadership role. The programme combines our two short-focused programmes: Self-Leadership and The People Manager, giving you opportunities to better manage yourself and others. This is backed up with expert coaching, so that you’re not on your own once the course has finished. You’ll learn how to channel new skills and insights into your new and future roles – so return on investment is guaranteed.
The programme has three key components:
- Managing yourself: effective management skills
- Managing others: key people management skills
- Connecting the dots: coaching and action plan
1. Managing yourself: Self-Leadership - 2 days
The highly interactive nature of this programme allows participants to reflect and act upon their learnings. All diagnostic tools, case studies and role plays which form the foundation of this programme are based on research by Vlerick faculty. By the end of the programme, you’ll have the skills and approaches to show more effective behaviour and get to better results. You’ll have a better understanding of your own strengths and weaknesses – and what the impact of your actions is on others. You’ll be ready to manage yourself in a smarter way.
- Module 1: Your personal effectiveness
- Module 2: Your impact on others
2. Managing others: The People Manager - 4 days
This programme tackles 4 main roles that a people manager must master. Always based on research, the content is made eminently practical via case studies, role plays, and examples. The tools and models shared by faculty are directly applicable in your company. In addition to learning from our faculty, you can gain inspiration from your fellow participants by sharing ideas and experiences.
- Module 1: The People Manager as manager of the inflow
- Module 2: The People Manager as a career manager
- Module 3: The People Manager as a communicator and coach
- Module 4: The People Manager as a motivator and performance manager
3. Individual coaching & action plan
Coaching helps you to get even more out of your learning – and more out of yourself. Throughout the programme, you’ll get two two-hour coaching sessions with a Vlerick coach. Working together, you and your coach will set goals and find the best opportunities to bring your learning to your own organization.
Who should attend
The 'Leadership Transition Programme' will be perfect for you if:
- You are a team leader, project leader, business unit manager, small business owner...
- You’ve moved into a leadership role – or you’re working towards gaining one.
Recent job titles include: manager, coordinator, marketing manager, R&D manager...
- You are looking to build on your management skills and learn how you can really make an impact on your team.
- You are looking for individual coaching and support in your (new) role