Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Senior managers, directors, vice presidents, division heads, managers, human resource professionals, OD personnel and others in positions of leadership.
About the course
Build and support a more positive and productive workplace climate. A workplace where employees treat one another with civility and respect is far more likely to function at optimum levels of productivity. Unfortunately, the rise of disrespectful behaviors in business seems to be at epidemic levels, and the result is a steady erosion in morale and productivity. This training programme provides strategies for leaders and managers to recognize and handle offensive, disrespectful and inappropriate behaviors. It also explores how to improve productivity by modeling better behavior and fostering a culture of civility and mutual respect.
How will you benefit?
After participating in this programme, you will grow your people management skills & competencies and be able to:
- Reduce the likelihood that smaller issues will escalate into larger confrontations
- Use appropriate tools to deal with rudeness, incivility and harassment
- Be better equipped to coach staff to deal with offenders
- Enhance project success through improvements in workflow
- Help reduce time away from work, worker’s compensation claims and health insurance costs
- Be prepared for possible Healthy Workplace legislation
During the programme you will:
- Network and learn from a diverse group of peers from different functions, industries and countries
- Develop a personal action plan to implement back at work
- Learn and practise your people management skills using case studies, real examples and role plays over 2 interactive days
What will you learn and practice?
Leadership Strategies for Creating a Respectful Workplace is a 2-day hands-on training programme, highly interactive with exercises and role plays. The programme will be led by an experienced facilitator with former management experience in international companies.
- Recognize Disrespect in the Workplace
- Correlate the Relationship Between Organizational Climate and Productivity
- List Strategies to Initiate a More Respectful Climate in Your Organization
- Use Coaching Strategies to Help Employees Resolve Issues Independently and to Alter the Disrespectful Behavior of Others
- Identify Behaviors That Impede a Respectful Workplace
- Assess the Intent of Disrespectful Behaviors in Your Organization
- List the Components of a Respectful Workplace
Effects of Incivility in the Workplace
- List the Physical and Psychological Effects of Disrespectful Behavior on Employees
- Discuss How Disrespectful Behavior Affects Productivity
- Translate a Company’s Lost Revenue Caused By Incivility into a Specific Amount
- List the Important Differences Between Healthy Workplace Legislation and Current Equal Employment Opportunity and Harassment Laws
Strategies That Create Respectful Workplaces
- Describe How a Leader’s Actions Foster a Respectful Workplace Culture
- List Specific Actions a Leader Must Take to Insure Workplace Respect
- Assess Your Own Strengths and Areas for Improvement in Establishing a Respectful Workplace
- List Practices Other Organizations Use to Support a Respectful Workplace Culture
Coaching Solutions That Maintain Respectful Workplaces
- Identify Steps Employees Can Use to Deal Successfully with Disrespectful Situations
- Apply Managerial Coaching Strategies to End Disrespectful Behaviors in the Workplace
- Use Questions to Engage Employees in Productive Performance Discussions
Bullying in the Workplace
- Differentiate Between Disrespectful Behavior and Bullying
- List Actions Employees Can Take
- Identify Ways Your Organization Can Address Bullying
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.