Develop the Leadership Skills to Advance Your Career, Team, and Organization
Leadership Principles is designed to help new and aspiring leaders unleash the potential in themselves and others, and cultivate high-performing teams. Become a more versatile leader who can mobilize others by immersing yourself in real-world leadership challenges, self-assessments, and 360-degree feedback from colleagues and peers.
What You'll Learn
- Understand your motivational drivers, emotional intelligence, and communication methods to establish a personal leadership style
- Apply or adapt your leadership style to meet specific challenges
- Manage the conditions that drive team performance
- Coach colleagues and share feedback in ways that enable them to develop and deliver
- Handle stressful and demanding leadership situations
- Take charge of your professional development as you navigate the challenges of transitioning from an individual contributor to a leader
The course begins with a two-week prework period in which you’ll be asked to complete a self-assessment and solicit feedback from colleagues, such as managers, peers, and direct reports. The evaluation will take approximately one hour of your time and roughly 30 minutes for each colleague who participates.
Upon successful completion of the evaluation—which requires at least two colleague surveys in addition to the self-assessment—you’ll receive a detailed report that provides insight into your emotional intelligence and how you’re perceived by others. Emotional intelligence is a central theme of the Leadership Principles course. By completing the evaluation, you’ll enhance your knowledge of both the course materials and your personal leadership.
The course content is delivered over a four-week period after the prework concludes. You should expect to spend approximately five to seven hours per week on coursework, which can be completed on your own time while meeting regular deadlines.
Who should attend
Early- and Mid-Career Professionals
- Prepare for leadership roles after working as an individual contributor or functional specialist.
- Build greater self-awareness and explore how you can adapt your leadership style to meet specific organizational challenges.
Early-Stage or Aspiring Entrepreneurs
- Develop techniques for building high-performing teams, coaching, delivering feedback, and handling stressful leadership situations.