Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
About the course
Offered in affiliation with UC Berkeley Executive Education, the Berkeley Executive Coaching Certificate Program is a ten-day intensive training for executives seeking to become better managers and leaders, as well as individuals interested in becoming executive coaches. Our certification program focuses on developing coaches who excel at the critical soft skills leaders require today – including empathy, professional intimacy, leadership presence and effective communication skills. Our executive coach training is an exclusive certification from UC Berkeley.
- 10 days (approx. 80 hrs.) of in-person instruction and training with Berkeley Executive Coaching Institute (Berkeley ECI) faculty
- Topics: authentic and inspirational leadership; coaching methodology and techniques; meditation and mindfulness; communication and storytelling skills.
- Private 1-on-1 coaching sessions with Berkeley ECI faculty coaches
- Coaching practicum – an opportunity to coach employees at leading companies
- 6 months of follow-up distance learning and online group sessions
- Access to a global network of leaders and experienced coaches
- Upon completion of program requirements, graduates receive a UC Berkeley certificate.
The Harvard Business Review recently gave these four reasons why managers coach :
- They see coaching as an essential tool for achieving business goals.
- They enjoy helping people develop.
- They are curious.
- They are interested in establishing connections.
Are you ready to invest in yourself as a leader and coach? HBR says,
"Whether it’s because [managers who coach] are competing for talent, operating in a highly turbulent market place, trying to retain their budding leaders, or aiming to grow their solid players, they believe that they simply have to take the time to coach."
Doy Charnsupharindr is a lecturer at UC Davis Graduate School of Management and UC Berkeley’s Haas Business School, teaching MBA-level courses focusing on developing leadership, communications, and coaching skills. He teaches High Impact Leadership courses at Berkeley Executive Education at UC Be...
Susan Houlihan is a communications consultant, executive coach, and electrical engineer who leverages her 15+ years working in engineering and operations in the high-tech sector to bring a perspective firmly rooted in business applications to her consulting and coaching work. As a consultant to ...
Ingrid Gavshon serves as a lecturer at UC Berkeley Haas School of Business in Leadership Communications and in Creativity and Leadership, and at the UC Berkeley Executive Education organisations course, High Impact Leadership. She is a partner at The Berkeley Leadership Institute in charge of Int...
Videos and materials
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.