Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This course is designed for project managers, professionals preparing to transition into a new career in project management, business analysts working with project managers and project teams, technical team leaders, and managers.
About the course
The Leadership in Project Management course provides deeper understanding of what being a project leader is all about. This course will enhance project team leadership skills and enable robust stakeholder collaboration strategies. Relationship management techniques include but are not limited to: heightened conflict resolution ability, increased focus for project team and stakeholder development, and overall promotion of project team performance via emotional intelligence (EQ).
What You Will Learn
- Project team leadership skills
- Robust stakeholder collaboration strategy
- Conflict resolution skillset and tools
- Project team and stakeholder development
- Overall promotion of project team performance via EQ
How You Will Benefit
- Understand the difference between management versus leadership.
- Gain relationship management techniques including conflict resolution and EQ.
- Take an EQ assessment and begin to develop self-awareness for improved leadership.
- Develop both project team members and mentor key internal stakeholders.
- Learn cross-functional collaboration strategies.
- Lead at an organizational level that ties back to delivery of the project strategic benefits.
- ADVANCED ROLE OF THE PROJECT MANAGER
- Introducing the evolution of the project manager towards an organizational leader
- CONFLICT RESOLUTION
- BUILDING A TEAM
- Includes Tuckman Ladder model and conflict
- LEADING TEAMS
- Introduces relationship management techniques
- Introduces cross functional internal stakeholders
- EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE
- Includes actual 45 minute EQ assessment
- COLLABORATION STRATEGY
- Includes three-step approach and model
- BEYOND THE ROLE OF THE PROJECT MANAGER
- Introduces leadership elements outside of the project team
- PEOPLE DEVELOPMENT
- REMOVING BARRIERS
- REAL LEADERSHIP – CASE STUDIES
With over 30 years of experience in project management, leadership, team building, and training Dana Boyd brings a wealth of professional expertise to our students. She is a subject matter expert for innovative business processes, finance related topics and is herself a Georgia Tech Project Manag...
With more than 22 years of decorated military experience, Wilburn retired from the United States Army at the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. Prior to joining the Georgia Institute of Technology, Wilburn was the program director and Professor of Military Science at Vanderbilt University. He has also s...
Bringing over 20 years of project and program management experience to the Georgia Tech Project Management program, Mustafa is a subject matter expert in healthcare industry application and related topics. His extensive international experience and people development skills translate into a perso...
With over 15 years of project management experience, Chris Carter brings valuable real-world expertise and was instrumental in the redesign of Georgia Tech Project Management program. Through his professional experience he has spent his time developing and launching new model years for Toyota and...
Read more about Negotiations
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.