About the course
Build a foundational toolkit to lead your team or business unit.
As you transition from individual contributor to people leader, it’s critical to build a solid foundation that helps you navigate the challenges and realise the opportunities of leadership. Designed for new managers or those preparing to step into a management role, this course provides practical tools and techniques to better lead yourself, your team and your business to kickstart your leadership career.
You will take part in a series of online modules, comprised of virtual workshops, action learning and coaching to develop the leadership toolkit to:
- Make the transition from individual contributor to people leader with confidence
- Better understand and leverage the different roles of leadership and management
- Increase your self-awareness to lead with more authenticity and build trusted relationships
- Create a platform for effective leadership within and beyond the team
- Understand and apply the key modes of communication used by effective leaders and the skills that underpin them
- Align vision, strategy and culture to inspire individuals and teams
- Make better use of goal setting to foster a high performing culture
Led by a leadership expert and the Program Director of our highly successful Emerging Leader Program, you will take part in virtual workshops, interspersed with action learning to make the transition to leadership with confidence.
- Over two weeks, you will take part in approximately 14 hours of online learning and live workshops.
- You will utilise The AGSM Navigator, a custom-built platform designed to work with your existing social and communication tools like Zoom.
- In between the workshop sessions, you will take part in a range of supported learning experiences independently and with the group to develop and embed learning.
- To maintain the interactivity and ensure participants can achieve their outcomes, each workshop is limited to 25 participants.
- Virtual workshop sessions bring a real-time, social learning environment to you, where you can share challenges and experiences, learn from your peers and your expert facilitator, and build a community of practice.
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.