Who should attend
Managers in Private and Public Sector organisations; Project Managers and Project Administrators
About the course
Risk management informs strategic, tactical, and operational decisions within an organisation. Risk assessments are performed in order to identify and prioritise key risks to best allocate resources, identify opportunities for growth, and mitigate and respond proactively to risks that may negatively impact on the organisation’s performance.
At the end of this course you will be able to understand and apply the process of risk management within an organisational or project setting, understand the characteristics of risk and how these are linked to the overall objective of a project or organisation and its relevant context; the controls that should be put into place to identify, assess, mitigate and manage risk; the implementation of policies and procedures to communicate and manage risks; and the application of a dynamic risk management process activity.
Participants will emerge with a risk management process model that can be applied in any context and within any size of organisation.
What will you learn?
- What are organisational risks and how to apply a process of risk management within an organisational or project setting
- Characteristics of risk and how these are linked to the overall objective of a project or organisation
- Controls that should be put into place to identify, assess, mitigate and manage risk
- You will be familiar with a dynamic risk management process activity
- How to implement policies and procedures to communicate and manage risks across the team or organisation.
Anton has extensive experience in both corporate strategic leadership and financial roles in public and private sector organisations. Anton has maintained an interest in education and training and has 25 years teaching experience in the delivery of education and training courses to undergraduate ...
John is director and CEO of Ramafin Pty Ltd, his own consulting and professional development training company. He is an Adjunct Associate Professor with University of Adelaide, where he facilitates in the Applied Project Management program. John’s previous positions include Chief Finance Officer/...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.