Who should attend
This course is suitable for participants with limited or no knowledge of project management principles and tools.
About the course
Increasing your confidence and competence in the fundamentals of effective project management.
- Explore project management principles and philosophies.
- Identify the key stages in the process of formulating and completing a project from initial concept to final completion.
- Consider the different types of projects - from “tangible” construction to the “intangible” organisational change programs.
- Participate in activities to develop knowledge and skills in applying project management theory.
What is covered in the course?
- Project management concepts.
- Understanding the Project Management Framework.
- Developing project scope.
- Project planning methods.
- Managing the schedule.
- Managing small projects.
- The Project Manager's role.
How will I benefit?
You will gain:
- an understanding of the key principles of project management and how they can be applied in your work
- fundamental skills and strategies to effectively manage projects including: defining your project, setting objectives, establishing a work breakdown structure, scheduling tasks, estimating resources and monitoring and evaluating progress
- an appreciation of different approaches Project Management, with a focus on PMBOK
- an understanding of the leadership qualities required for successful outcomes including balancing task and people management factors.
How will my organisation benefit?
Your organisation will gain an individual with:
- knowledge and tools for effective project management that can be applied to many aspects of your organisation’s key functions and operations
- proven approaches for successful project initiation, management and completion
- an understanding of an effective Project Management Framework
- strategies for leading and working successfully in project teams.
Read more about Human Capital Management
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.